Shirataki Noodles

Options
2»

Replies

• tammy434
    tammy434 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know where you can find these in nova scotia?????? I have been looking everywhere.
  • sweetmelissa222
    sweetmelissa222 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I wasn't crazy about them. They made a weird noise when I bit into them and it was unsettling. I am in love with the Annie Chun organic noodles though. Not as low in calories, but low enough to make me fairly happy with using them.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    chicken noodle soup - serves 2

1 pk shiritake noodles
    200g chicken (stir-fried in oil first)
    2 chicken stock cubes
    1 teaspoon miso paste
    broccoli
    mini sweet(yellow)corn
    mangetout
    carrot
    seaweed
    water (don't know how much, i just guess - the dog likes the rest in his dinner anyway)

all thrown in a pot for about 10/15 mins.....gorgeous (sorry don't know how to look in my recipes while i'm doing this to show you the calories)

remember to rinse them well first - they stink lol. really nice in a stir-fry too :)
  • 3laine75
    Options
    Does anyone know where you can find these in nova scotia?????? I have been looking everywhere.

i'm in the UK but i get mine from the internet. i use japancentre but loads of japanese food websites do them - there are probably a few in Canada as well. stay away from the 'miracle noodles' though - they are exactly the same product for ridiculous prices.
  • SilentRenegade
    SilentRenegade Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    They definitely do smell funny! But they're good and I don't feel like a bunch of crap after I eat them. They keep you hungry for long enough and are great in stirfry dishes.
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    These are awesome!! I put them in light alfredo sauce with chicken and broccoli. You really do have to wash them forever. I hate the way they smell! But, seriously an awesome food. I will have to check out the hungry girl website for some more recipes!
  • 3laine75
    Options
    chicken noodle soup is 382 cals when i log it - but 119 comes from the olive oil i use frying the chicken.

it says in the instructions they don't need to be boiled but i've found the texture much nicer if they are.
  • tammy434
    tammy434 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
  • ChelsChubzz
    Options
    my body always retains water when i ate them. i used to make beef stroganoff with them. so good.
  • Debraj26
    Debraj26 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just posted 2 recipes in 'my recipes' - one for Pad Thai and another for Sesame noodles - both using the shiritaki noodles. Once you've rinsed thoroughly in hot water they are the perfect alternative to pasta!!!