any advice for a newbie?

Options
im getting married in september and want to lose 57lb for my wedding in september i am trying so hard but nothing seems to be happening.

ive just started doing kettle bell exercises do you think they work??

thank you

Replies

• ScarlettIsSpiffing
    ScarlettIsSpiffing Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi Deb, I'm a newbie too, joined today & maybe we can support each other in our weight loss journies? :flowerforyou:
  • karisma81
    karisma81 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you're combining cardio, strength training and a good diet, you should start to see results soon. Don't get discouraged, sometimes it takes a little while to get off the ground while you are building up your fitness and strength. Consider making your food diary public so people can give you tips. You might get conflicting advice about your diet but you can use your own judgement. Good luck.
  • debsnufc
    debsnufc Posts: 11
    Options
    hiya.

i have added you as a friend the calorie count really confuses me xx
  • debsnufc
    debsnufc Posts: 11
    Options
    thank you . i work full time and have a toddler and a job so i have limited time to exercise i try and do the 10 min body solutions
  • karisma81
    karisma81 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    P.S. Congratulations on your wedding :-) And if you decide to open up your diary, it's under "Settings" and then "Diary settings".
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Congratulations of the pending nuptials, the best advice I would offer is step away from the scale. Do not think of your journey as weight loss but more as Non Scale Victories {NVS}. Too many people focus on a number on a scale and forget that the reason you are on this journey it to get toned; better fitting clothing and feel better. When you are standing up there on the isle next to your groom people are not going to say wow she looks ### in that dress but rather WOW she looks great in that dress {mean while the groom is thinking, wow cannot wait to get her out of that dress, I am a guy what do you expect}. Start your journey with small reasonable steps and then start running with it. Proper diet and water plus activity will get you down the path.
  • powership00
    powership00 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Here are my suggestions:

Plan ahead with your menus. I scan or enter my next day the night before.

Have some protein after your workout. Your muscles will eat up the protein quick, unless you pass the window of an hour. This assists in muscle building that will burn fat. My doctor suggested one cup of !% Horizon Chocolate Milk. It has 8 grams of protein and only 150 calories. Plus it tastes better than those protein drinks. If you want to bulk up more drink the protein drinks with more protein.

Just because the scale is not moving doesnt mean your not losing!

Kettle balls are good, dont forget your cardio.

12021405.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Hope this helps, Good Luck with losing and your wedding!

Sean