Bad or Good Idea?

Options
Breakfast- Protein Shake and Fruit

Snack- Fruit

Lunch-Veggie sandwich with olive oil mayo (cucumber, peppadew peppers, Lettuce, feta cheese) cup of soup and Fruit

Snack- Fruit

Dinner- Salad ( I work at panera so it'd be a salad from there most likely)

Snack- Fruit

Replies

• Muslimah1218
    Muslimah1218 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Am I on the right track??
  • Muslimah1218
    Options
    Looks fine, what are you wondering about?
    I am wondering.. Like does it look fine.. Is it too much of something or not enough of something????? Anything.
  • meradtech745
    Options
    It looks good, but I wonder if it is enough protein. Look at what the Summary says for the amount of vitamins and minerals that you are getting from this daily diet, then look at the amount of fat and protein. If you prefer to not eat any meat, think about adding some black beans or garbanzo beans to your salad for the protein.

Otherwise, it looks good in writing, but may need to mix it up a little to not get bored and head off the deep end sometimes!
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really sound like enough calories... hard to tell, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of substance there either. Fruits and veggies are great, but you need protein as well!
  • rkpixler
    rkpixler Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just make sure to get enough protein each, other than that, it looks great!
  • tshirt40
    tshirt40 Posts: 1
    Options
    Where's the protein besides the shake?
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Will it be sustainable? Eating that for a few days would drive me crazy, then Id end up bingeing. Dont deprive yourself of any treats, or youll want them even more!
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    I second the protein questions, and you might think about replacing some fruit with veg just for a wider variety of nutrients.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Will it be sustainable? Eating that for a few days would drive me crazy, then Id end up bingeing. Dont deprive yourself of any treats, or youll want them even more!

Have to agree with this - plus it seems like you'd be light on calories. Don't go below 1200!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    not enough protein - maybe not enough calories..
  • Muslimah1218
    Options
    It looks good, but I wonder if it is enough protein. Look at what the Summary says for the amount of vitamins and minerals that you are getting from this daily diet, then look at the amount of fat and protein. If you prefer to not eat any meat, think about adding some black beans or garbanzo beans to your salad for the protein.

Otherwise, it looks good in writing, but may need to mix it up a little to not get bored and head off the deep end sometimes!
    Thanks yeah I do plan to eat some more protein, I will eat meat, like in my salad, and soup. I dont plan on doin that everyday, but something like it...... I can teat the same thing every single DAY... I get bored really FAST!! lol
  • kcd918
    kcd918 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Snack- Fruit

Lunch-Veggie sandwich with olive oil mayo (cucumber, peppadew peppers, Lettuce, feta cheese) cup of soup and Fruit

Snack- Fruit

Snack- Fruit

I agree with some other commenters, not enough protein, but also too much fruit (4-6 servings). While fruit is good for you, it has a lot of sugar, so just like you wouldn't have sugar 5 or 6 times a day, you shouldnt have fruit 5 or 6 times a day. I would swap out one or two of those fruit 'snacks' for a snack with protein and fiber, like yogurt and carrots or something like that. Also, rather than having a protein shake, why not try eggs? Real food beats processed food any day.
  • hararayne
    hararayne Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That's pretty similar to my diet, but I have more protein listed, typically, and I don't follow it exactly.

My basic plan is:

Breakfast:
    protein shake : handful of spinach, 3/4c. mixed frozen berries, 5 icecubes, 1 serving of whey protein, 1 banana

Lunch: salad with 1 serving chicken or turkey, and a whole grain (quinoa, 1/2 package is typical) I really watch my dressing. I measure or at restaurants dip the tines of my fork into it rather than putting it on my salad.

Dinner: 2 servings of vegetables, one serving chicken, fish, turkey, some kind of sauce and one "whole grain" (potato, rice, quinoa)

Then I try to avoid snacking unless I feel i need it or can't curb temptation. I usually reach for fruit, but sometimes it's a cookie or a mini-candy bar. These are occasional.

I average, around 1200 calories once you add in sauces and dressings, and then I work out as well. I've been doing this fora few weeks now and am finally starting to get my metabolism going and have lost about 4lbs from my highest weight.

ADD PROTEIN LOVE!
  • Muslimah1218
    Options
    Protein will be from my shake, soup, salad..... And as far as calories.. Its over 1500 but no more than 1600
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Woah, that's a lot of fruits and veggies. I need more meat personally but it sounds healthy because of your protein shake.
  • Muslimah1218
    Options

Snack- Fruit

Snack- Fruit

Snack- Fruit

I agree with some other commenters, not enough protein, but also too much fruit (4-6 servings). While fruit is good for you, it has a lot of sugar, so just like you wouldn't have sugar 5 or 6 times a day, you shouldnt have fruit 5 or 6 times a day. I would swap out one or two of those fruit 'snacks' for a snack with protein and fiber, like yogurt and carrots or something like that. Also, rather than having a protein shake, why not try eggs? Real food beats processed food any day.
    True.. Maybe Protein shake isnt the best Idea.. But I dont care for eggs... They weird me out lol
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options

Snack- Fruit

Snack- Fruit

Snack- Fruit

I look at every day and think "could i do this every day for the rest of my life" if no, then its not sustainable and therefore a 'diet', if the answer is yes, knowing im getting everything i need, then i stick with it

salads are lovely - just not sure they are sustainable...... i find if i deny myself something, i crave it and end up binging

just my personal experiences, but we are all different
  • fieldsy4life
    Options
    Personally, I'm a low-carber, so I'm different than the majority of folks on MFP. Just be careful with all that fruit. I also second the other posters by agreeing that you need more protein, and not just protein from shakes. Another poster also commented on the sustainability of this diet - do you think you could do this for months?

Keep tweaking it by adding new foods that you enjoy that are healthy.
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? It appears that you are mainly doing fruits and vegetables. Fruits are healthy and have vitamins but also have lots of sugar. It is good to have fruit on a daily basis but not as the main diet. Your sugar will be too high and your body will have to produce insulin to combat the rise in sugar. Meanwhile, the excess sugar will be stored as fat and lower your metabolism. It is important to have a combination of proteins, carbohydrates and fats at each meal for your body to function properly. Also, not enough protein and overall calories will lead to losing weight in lean muscle mass, making you have higher body fat%.