Workout DVD

Options
I would love to know what kind of workout DVD's people are using. I have Biggest Loser Cardio, Jillian Michaels-30 day shred and a couple other ones. I am just wanting to see which ones are the better ones to use. I am going to try to walk now that the weather is getting nicer in our parts of the country, but would also like to do a workout video. I did feel the Biggest Loser one was more me because there are people on there that look like me I know that doesn't make a difference but it does me. Please let me know. Thank you.

Replies

• RandomMiranda
    Options
    I love anything Jillian Michaels because of her circuits. The workouts are more bearable because I can think of it in 6 minute increments.
    I also like the Biggest Loser Boot Camp and I think the 30 Day Jump start is good too. I used those when I first started doing videos at home, and I liked seeing bigger people on the video. Seeing them do the work inspired and motivated me.
    This is pretty old school, but I have 10 Minute Miracle pilates. It has 5 workouts targeting different parts of the body and I'll do 1 or 2 of them if I don't have time for a longer workout, or if I want to break a sweat but not get drenched.
  • looney27
    looney27 Posts: 1
    Options
    I use the Leslie Sansone 5 mile walking DVD. As long as you move to the beat, it's a great walking workout indoors:) Easy to follow too. No fancy dance moves! Just walking in place, kicks, knee lifts and side steps.
  • Amberbaby101
    Options
    i have now thats what I cal fitness which i love because it is a dancing one and a whole load of other dancing ones that I love, cant stand the boring ones i LOVE to dance so these all really help best one by far is now thats what i call fitness xxxxx
  • smahy0504
    smahy0504 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    zummmbaa !!! <3 i also do the P.I.N.K. dvd workouts
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Im not a huge exercise video person but I love Leslie Sansone videos, they consist of walking and light aerobics. I also just got The Biggest Losers Power Walk and like that too!
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels ones are always popular. They are good 30 min workouts, so good for time.,
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Oh there r so many. There r a ton of options on beach body.com. I think Jillian just came out with a body revolution. I am a huge fan of Insanity but since u r just getting into it, maybe try any of Bob Harper or Jillian. I find Jillian annoying so I love Bob :)
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels for me, I have completed her shred and have blast fat boost motablism ready to go as well as ripped in 30. Am looking at Insanity for April time but needing to build up as its intense. Jillian has a huge fan base and I find her workouts good as there 30mins which i can squeeze into my crazy days!
  • mdamrow
    mdamrow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love most of what Billy Blanks puts out. I have some of his older Taebo videos that I really love and have seen great results with. I just started his new PT 24/7 series. Its good. Some of the videos are better than others and it was pricey, but so far its been good. I also hear good things about BeachBody videos. I started the first month of insanity (very tough), but had to stop because I couldn't commit to an hour workout during the week. I have to get up to early as it is, anything before 4a.m. I put my foot down.

I also like Denise Austin. Her stuff is good, but she makes you do a million squats.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone videos. She has a bunch of different types and length of time variations. I have about 10 of them. They range from 15 minutes to 75 minutes long. I also bought a couple of weeks ago Zumba Exhilarate video packs. Enjoy them. I have decided today to really concentrate on my stomach, so I bought Jillian Michaels new kickboxing videos. One is for upper body, one is for lower body and the third is for abs. I did that today, it was tough.
  • Reneegetfit128
    Options
    I love Beachbody. Right now I am using Turbo Jam, and recently purchased Turbo Fire. I'm also a Beachbody Coach with 60 pounds to remove. I have lots of other programs that I liked too. 2 are by Julianne Hough from Dancing With The Stars, Windsor Pilates, various others like yoga, Zumba, and a few more. I'm a dance type, so I love those most. If you order a Beachbody product, you can return them within 30 days if you don't like it. Windsor Pilates is distributed through Guthy Ranker, and also has a 30 day money back guarantee. I'm not sure if they have other exercise programs. I can only vouch for Windsor Pilates as being a good quality program. I did run into a lady talking on her phone about it. So I asked her if it worked and she said yes.

Check out your local library, and in the computer base. Some have some workout dvd's. Our libraries are linked, so even if a local library doesn't have it, I can request it from anywhere in the state and they will send it to my local branch. RI is a tiny state, but other states might have something similar for other libraries located within a certain distance.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    My favorites (some are pretty old) are: Joyce Vedral's Bottoms up, Joyce Vedrals Just Butt/Just Boobs, Winsor Pilates, Kathy Smith Kickboxing, Karen Voight Sweat/Strength/Stretch Effects (a 3 disk set), and CathE Stretch Max. Oh, and sometimes I still pull out the FIRM Tough Tape 2.