Small Changes and Consistency

Options
Hi,

I'm Renee and new to using this site. I've been overwhelmed and keep losing focus. So now I am giving myself a fresh clean slate. I'm accepting myself EXACTLY where I am as of this moment, and starting to make positive changes and become consistent.

This week I have 3 non-negotiable daily goals.

To drink at least 32oz of water
No eating after 9pm
In bed and lights out at 11:30pm

Replies

• FrugalistaFerrari
    Options
    I've decided to only hold myself accountable for one day at a time, one decision at a time, one choice at a time. On this day i will decide to say work out, for this meal i will choose something healthier. I've been saying that to myself for about 5 weeks now and it has been getting easier and easier to make more good decisions than bad
  • hvergelmir
    Options
    It's good to have goals! One of my goals is simply monitoring. I had no clue how many calories I was eating on a day to day basis, chiefly because I have always had a job that involved lots of walking, lifting, etc; so I could eat lots and never notice it. But now that I have a desk job, I need to keep track of those calories and need to change the high-calorie habits I acquired over the years...
  • Reneegetfit128
    Options
    Yes FrugalistaFer, that's awesome!! I just asked a friend for support yesterday and she said to concentrate on one day at a time, and to make small changes and and learn to be consistent. I am going to roll what you said into my approach.
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    It's been almost 2 years for me and that's how I'm doing it. I made small changes along the way and believe that's how I have been successful. I feel I tried it a million times before and it never lasted and believe it's cuz I overwhelmed myself with drastic changes restricting everything I knew. Good luck...hope it works for u :)
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Hi Renee, welcome! I think your goals are good ones to have, especially since those are things you can control (sometimes you can't control how much weight you lose in a week). I'm not always able to comment on everyone's activities, but you're welcome to add me.

Best wishes for your success,

J
  • deefaysmilin
    Options
    Way to go! 87 lbs--keep up the good work!