480 cals left for dinner and out of ideas, suggestions pleas

Options
480 cal meal suggestions please!
And...what are you having for dinner? :)

Replies

• SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    mmmm....that sounds good!
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Here's an idea that is very healthy and within that range....

Grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast (or poached) with a small sweet potato and a large garden salad or steamed veggies!
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm having leftovers! Yesterday I pan fried some ground turkey with onions and a bit of minced garlic, then threw in some frozen spinach and 1/2c spaghetti sauce, cooked it well, topped it with some shredded parm and mozzerella cheese and voila! Delicious lower carb spaghetti/lasagne like dinner. Not that I'm following a low carb plan or anything, but I have a MAJOR sweet tooth and carb dependency/addiction, so I'm trying to lower my carb intake for later snacks/meals in hopes to get rid of (or lessen, at least) my carb addiction lol

Sometimes to make it easier for me with time, effort AND labor, I just fix up a quick sandwich with some POP! chips.

Chicken breast and salad is a great dinner. If you need carbs, add in a baked potato.

I also make scrambled eggs with tomatoes, green onions and ham. If you need carbs, have it with toast or on an english muffin. Breakfast for dinner is always wonderful!

Love and Alohas,
    -Ihilani Kapuniai
  • nirebelldandy
    Options
    i'm making stir fry! (again lol) 12 oz chicken breast, matchstick carrots, onions, mushrooms, garlic, broccoli. i use a sauce mix from walmart. it makes 2 servings at about 430 cals each. and you have leftovers for lunch tomorrow! it is a little high in sodium...but still delicious. i don't know what you have in your kitchen, so i can't say for sure what you should have....
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    One of my go-to low calorie means is grilled tilapia fillet, brown rice and veggies. I keep some frozen tilapia (not breaded or seasoned, just plane) and always have brown rice and frozen veggies on hand. Just sprinkle the tilapia with some kind of cajun seasoning or fish spices or whatever sounds good. It's about 300cals.
  • Sharonswarna
    Sharonswarna Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Medium baked potatoe... Steam brocilli and cheese.. Pour it on top of potatoe..less than 300 calories and yummy!
  • cryslynne79
    cryslynne79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A generous helping of homemade chili would do the trick too! YUM!
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm having pita pizzas! Two pitas with sauce and cheese...its 470 calories of deliciousness!
  • glendeb
    glendeb Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm having a chicken drum stick, 1/2 a cup of mashed potato and a lettuce salad, with carrot, tomato, cucumber and a small bit of cheese. Only 400 calories :smile:
  • barbieandken
    barbieandken Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Turkey Meat Loaf, baked potato and steamed carrots......:love:
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    im having broiled boneless pork loin chop, leftover quinoa mac n cheese, and roasted brussels sprouts, a little more than 480, but comes in at 514
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Lean ground beef w/seasoning, low carb tortilla and loads of lettuce, tomato, onion, black olives, salsa, FF sour cream and jalapenos.

Chicken breast browned with lemon, sm baked potato with ff cheese/sour cream, veggie, salad.

Fritatta with egg whites, feta cheese, black olives, bacon

Just about anything I have for dinner will fit that many calories...
  • Cougargirl50
    Options
    I had a homemade turkey burger (oatmeal, panko bread crumbs, a little bit of sweet relish, and chopped onion) grilled then I took store bought fresh salsa over that along with a cup of steam brocolli (326 total calories)
  • Luvbutterflies
    Options
    I had a Veggie Pita Pizza..

W/W PIta ( I like to bake it a bit before adding ingredients to get it nice and crispy)
    2 Tbsp Cream of Mushroom soup
    Add all the veggie you want I used
    Spinach
    Steamed Broccoli
    Red Onions
    Mushrooms
    Grated Carrots
    Crumbled Feta

if you need more protien add chicken.

approx 350 calories without chicken
  • zephyrionitis
    Options
    when I'm feeling lazy I put rice in the rice cooker and some spinach in the steamer. When its done I mix it together and put some butter on it.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I had chicken breast, sauteed broccoli, with some balsamic... it was like 200 calories
  • daddiod
    daddiod Posts: 37
    Options
    We had butter ball turkey sausage, sauerkraut ,some peppers,onions. Also made cucumbers and tomato's.Its about 262 calories. Used 1/4 of the sausage but we used all the sauerkraut. If filled me up fine.
  • LainieKnits
    LainieKnits Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Salmon fillet with roasted brussels sprouts
  • Billdavisjr
    Billdavisjr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How about a salmon steak and half a cup of quinoa?
  • polz7
    polz7 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be bad tonight but a couple of nights ago, I made some quick and yummy sticky pork. Pork chop, chinese 5 spice, honey, soy sauce, orange zest & juice - pan fry until sauce is sticky (look at my diary for more exact amounts under Wednesday March 7th. That with some mashed potatoes and salad was 381 calories and super filling. Can also sub potatoes for something healthier.