Early Morning Workouts?

Options
Copied from my Tumblr:
Have to go to work tomorrow longer than normal.. I’ll be there until like 1 o’clock which means I can’t get to the gym until like 1:30/2:00. This sucks… I hope the gym isn’t too crowded :( -Not because I’m self-conscience, well I am, but that’s not why I don’t want it to be crowded. My gym is merely my apartment buildings gym so there isn’t an unlimited amount of machines available. And I don’t want to awkwardly wait there….

Part of me feels I should wake up super early and go before work? Get up at maybe 6, workout from 7-8 and then shower and leave at 8:45?

Some people say early morning exercise causes ravenous hunger throughout the rest of the day… do you find it to be the case? Or is it something I should consider?

Replies

• HealthyHappyVegan
    Options
    Bump! Anything would really be helpful, guys :)
  • babychickenwoods
    Options
    I find early morning exercise is great! It helps to wake me up and gives me plenty energy throughout the day. I also find it means I don't have to worry about finding time later in the day. Go for it!
  • gbargsley
    gbargsley Posts: 55
    Options
    I am at the gym everyday by 4:30am. Not crowded and gets the body moving. I don't feel tired or drained all day. I think that will be determined based on your diet.

Plus, if you wait later in the day people are more likely to come up with excuses not to go as "LIFE" will get in the way.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Copied from my Tumblr:
    Have to go to work tomorrow longer than normal.. I’ll be there until like 1 o’clock which means I can’t get to the gym until like 1:30/2:00. This sucks… I hope the gym isn’t too crowded :( -Not because I’m self-conscience, well I am, but that’s not why I don’t want it to be crowded. My gym is merely my apartment buildings gym so there isn’t an unlimited amount of machines available. And I don’t want to awkwardly wait there….

Part of me feels I should wake up super early and go before work? Get up at maybe 6, workout from 7-8 and then shower and leave at 8:45?

Some people say early morning exercise causes ravenous hunger throughout the rest of the day… do you find it to be the case? Or is it something I should consider?

Wow never heard that workingout early causes hunger. Cause that does happen to me. I be starving during the day when i work out early! Idk if its just me or it really is true. But i always heard the earlier the better! I have no clue why tho
  • LivyB14
    LivyB14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5am Monday-Saturday, start my work out at 5:30 and go for 80 minutes. It was hard the first 2 weeks, but after that I started to just wake-up on my own. I have found an early morning workout sets the pace for the rest of the day; no trying to fit it in later or feeling sick because I ate something that doesn't agree with my workout. Lastly, if you choose the early morning workout, make your breakfast high in protein (helps with muscle recovery) like eggs, silken tofu smoothie or something like that.
  • cjm109
    cjm109 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Nope...up at 4:45 am everyday and on my elipitical by 5....strength train after that then shower and work. Go early.