I need more supportive friends!

Options
Hi everybody :) I've been on here since July, lost 10 kgs until November and then gained 4-5kgs back during Nov-Dec.
I'm finally getting into a routine again and have started actually going and wanting to go to the gym. I started at 140kgs (308lbs) and am down to about 134kgs. My goal is firstly to get under 100kgs, hopefully under 80 someday but I don't really know what my goal weight is supposed to be since I have been gaining since I was 17 in 2005. I have a large-ish frame and the lowest weight I remember was 72kgs when I was 14/15. I have no idea what I should be aiming at, so I'm just gonna start to aim at getting under 100kgs. I feel like that's a big enough goal to start with ;)

I have a few friends here but I'm a very social person and I can't do this alone :) I want more friends to support that support me.
Are you that person?

I'm a photographer interested in almost everything. Music, sports, fashion, movies, computer games, obviously food ;)

Replies

• AliciaV30
    AliciaV30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hey chick I'm so with you the more friends the better. I could use all the support I can get. I have 24 more pds to loose but for some reason I'm at a hault . haven't been working out for a few days now but threw my back out at work hoping it will feel better soon. I'm starting fresh monday. Lets loose this weight girl!!!!!

Alicia
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hey i fully subscibe to the support given on MFP, i'll happily have you as a friend.
  • Isadore11
    Isadore11 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey I would love to have you and anyone else who is motivated as a buddy! I'm a college student making the transition into a career soon so I could use the support to stay committed to my fitness/diet routine. I need to lose 25lbs, and as of now have lost maybe 2-4lbs. haha so I need to get on this. So lets both stay committed and lose that weight!
  • AuditMe
    AuditMe Posts: 11
    Options
    I'll be anyone's friend! I need support too!
  • AuditMe
    AuditMe Posts: 11
    Options
    Isadore I made that transition last year! It's a tough one!
  • roadworthy
    roadworthy Posts: 130
    Options
    I am always up for more friends:)
  • thuitema84
    thuitema84 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I lost close to a hundred lbs years ago (and it was a very slow and steady process). I've managed to keep the weight off, but recent travels and holidays had a bit of it creep back up. In general, I think this website is a fantastic idea and wish I had known about it before now (better late than never). Support is key and I'd be happy to buddy up with you. Whether you're going for 10lbs or 100lbs, its good to be around like-minded individuals. Also, keep in mind anytime you get off track that it isn't about getting down on yourself, its about whether or not you get yourself back on track again :)
  • Isadore11
    Isadore11 Posts: 11
    Options
    Isadore I made that transition last year! It's a tough one!

So, I'm guessing you are in accounting? That is where I am headed.... I feel really nervous :( haha
  • mjvasko
    mjvasko Posts: 37
    Options
    Same here.
  • thordisintho
    thordisintho Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    wow, awesome response guys! Thanks so much, I needed this and will accept anyone who's up for a supportive ride :)
  • designsbytj6145
    Options
    I have been on Dukan's for since last Feb. In and lost over 40 lbs. In Nov the just stopped losing. Not a pounds since Nov. I am going back to all protein and see if that helps. Is anyone else on Dukan diet?
  • fluteypie
    fluteypie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Me, too! I'll add anyone as long as they're losing the healthy way (no thinspo or shaming). :)

I have a nice little group of friends but I'm always looking for support. They help me go further.
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I have been on here since June!! I agree the more friends that better. I am very dedicated and motivated to reach my goal. I love to talk about health and fitness. I am currently on my second round of Turbo Fire Once I complete this round I will be doing Insanity. I believe if we all stick together and hold eachother accountable we WILL reach our goals.
    Please feel free to add me!!!
    Take Care,
    Kim