How can I change my initial starting weight?

Options
Hi, I'm new!

I just started using MFP 3 days ago. Today I found out my scale is 10 lbs off (too high), compared to both my doctor's scale and the one at the gym, which were the same. Normally I wouldn't mind, I'd just count the losses/gains without worrying about the number, but the number factors into all the calculations here, as to how many calories I need, etc.

I went to settings -> update diet/fitness profile and changed it, but then it said I had lost 10lbs!! So, I set it back to the higher amount, but I'd like to get it right. Can anyone help?

Thanks!! :smile:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/measurements/check_in

at the bottom it has an icon to edit previous entries. click on it ,make changes and don't forget to save.
  • sixstringirl
    sixstringirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Found it!!! Changes made. Thank you so much!
  • mbake210
    mbake210 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My Home > Check-in > Edit previous Entries
  • edwinjean
    edwinjean Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm really bad with computers, so I need detailed instructions (and I had the same problem as you did when I registered). So here goes.....

1) Go to the "My Home" tab
    2) Choose the option to "Weigh In"
    3) At the bottom of this screen above the "Save" button there are two choices: 1) "Change Measurements" and 2) "Edit Previous Entries". Choose to "Edit Previous Entries"
    4) The next screen will give you a choice of what to edit. Choose "Weight"
    5) you should be given a chance to change your starting weight. Change it to the correct number, and then save it. It should reset your starting weight.

Good luck with changing your starting point, and good luck with your weight loss journey!