My First 10K!

Options
realrayne10
realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
I ran my first 10K race today which is pretty amazing since I can not run. I am 5'10" and all legs. I look like a freak when I run. Even my own mother would make fun of me when I was a kid. But now? I don't care what I look like because after I run I feel great!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/realrayne10/view/my-first-10k-224669

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I can't even run to the bathroom. :laugh:
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I'm training for a 10k charity run in may. I'm 6ft so I'm all legs too! I'm currently doing c25k. How long did it take you to be able to run 10 k?
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Great NSV and a really heart warming blog. Well done!!
  • robmaguire1
    robmaguire1 Posts: 111
    Options
    Sorry, but YOU ARE A RUNNER! Congrats.
  • siobhanhannon
    siobhanhannon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well done! I have just downloaded couch to 5K for my phone and want to start tomorrow. I have a 5K booked for July but ideally want to be already well able to run it and doing the Ease to 10K by then!

How'd you train? I bet you feel great now! Well done again x
  • rgunn02
    rgunn02 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • bear3232
    bear3232 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have run 2 10Ks...they ARE awesome...going to run in Charleston at the end of the month...Cooper River Bridge Run...the first run of the season...CANNOT wait...they are addicting...congrats and who cares what you look like...I am 5'3" and have no legs...so who cares...run for you and what great things running can do for you!
  • realrayne10
    Options
    I did the B210K program after I ran my second 5K. It was a six week program but I stretched it out a bit. By the end I was running 65 minutes straight. Today was actually the first time that I completed 10K.
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Was a 10k was your first race or have you ran 5k's?
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Awesome girl! I'd love to run a 10k one day. I'm a dreadful runner but I keep promising myself to try! lol.
  • realrayne10
    Options
    Thanks all! It was a pretty amazing experience. I am starting to feel the pain now though. :cry:
    That is awesome! Was a 10k was your first race or have you ran 5k's?

I ran six 5K races before I attempted the 10K. I used the C25K and Bridge to 10K progams for my training.
  • DRetel
    DRetel Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! I'm running a 8km in 2 weeks. I did the C25K last year, and manage to do 5k a few times a week. Due to it being dark so early during the winter, I've been inside for months now. I'm scared of the 8k. It will be my first outside run in FOREVER!
    I also sprained my foot pretty bad 2 months ago, and I'm afraid of rolling it.

You inspire me! :-)
  • dorseykm
    dorseykm Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I ran my first 10k about a month ago and I was on a natural high for at least the next week. :smile:
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    What to say, I have seen you go go go. A well done you sound be so proud of yourself. I did my first 10k last year but should have started with a 5k. With that lesson learnt I can wait for my first 5k ready to get back to a ten when I know I can do it in less time...

Well done...Keep it up the good work.....

Kels
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!