Does anyone take Tart Cherry for muscle soreness?

Options
They recommended this at the health food store for muscle soreness and my arthritic knees/elbows. I've never heard of it before, anyone have any experience?

Replies

• chicago_dad
    chicago_dad Posts: 357
    Options
    Glutamine. buy it in powder form, and mix with water or tea.
  • misslissa555
    misslissa555 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    That's weird. I thought they said tart cherry was good for gout.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    what!? tart cherry what? no. never heard of it- I learn something new every day. Also- I try NOT to work to the point of soreness. I can FEEL my body but it doesn't hurt-
    Am I not doing enough?
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Full of antioxidants and melatonin to help you sleep. I buy the Kneudson Organic but then of course...you have to count the calories. So if you use it would be good in the evening to help with sleep.
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Full of antioxidants and melatonin to help you sleep. I buy the Kneudson Organic but then of course...you have to count the calories. So if you use it would be good in the evening to help with sleep.

Ok I'll keep that in mind although I don't count calories so much as I have to watch my sugar/carbs/protein intake. Is there info for that type of stuff on the bottle? I am not finding what I am looking for on google.
  • teyrey75
    teyrey75 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm new to all of this, so I don't know anything about using foods to help, but... I was watching my brother's kids and making them do Wii Fit with me, they really liked it. Well, one day I fell down the stairs (yep, I'm clumsy) and they still wanted to do Wii Fit. So I forced myself throw the yoga, and that REALLY helped my soreness go away.
  • reddi2roll
    Options
    It is called Just Tart Cherry Premium Organic Tart Cherry Juice From Concentrate and is made by R.W. Knudsen. For 8 oz serving it is 130 cal, 0 Fat, 20 mg Sodium, 410 mg Potassium 32 Gm Total Charb, 24 Gm Sugar and 1 Gm Protein. The ingredients are filtered water sufficient to reconstitute organic red tart cherry juice concentrate.

I buy it in the organic section at Krogers if you have that grocery chain. I think you can buy it at Health Food Store Better Health if you have one of those.

I could never drink 8 oz as it is really tart. You can mix it with sparkling water if you like that. I just drink it plain.
  • reddi2roll
    Options
    You might also find it at Trader Joes but not sure about that.
  • reddi2roll
    Options
    OMG. Don't buy it on line for 80.00. I think is like 2.00 in the grocery store.
  • reddi2roll
    Options
    If you go to http://www.rwknudsenfamily.com/ it has a store locater.
  • ms_success
    Options
    No, but I've been truly amazed at how much better my joints feel when it's cherry season. I down about 2-3 pounds of Bings & Raniers per week.
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    It is called Just Tart Cherry Premium Organic Tart Cherry Juice From Concentrate and is made by R.W. Knudsen. For 8 oz serving it is 130 cal, 0 Fat, 20 mg Sodium, 410 mg Potassium 32 Gm Total Charb, 24 Gm Sugar and 1 Gm Protein. The ingredients are filtered water sufficient to reconstitute organic red tart cherry juice concentrate.

I buy it in the organic section at Krogers if you have that grocery chain. I think you can buy it at Health Food Store Better Health if you have one of those.

I could never drink 8 oz as it is really tart. You can mix it with sparkling water if you like that. I just drink it plain.

Thanks for all the info, I will look into it some more. That is too much sugar for me but from what I have read some of the pills don't have all that sugar in them. That much at once would put me in a coma!
  • mjoanne45
    mjoanne45 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not muscle soreness. It's supposed to help with sleeping. Mix 1 tbsp in a glass of water and drink in the evening.
  • ArletaTX
    ArletaTX Posts: 1
    Options
    I drink Cheribundi tart cherry juice. It's good for muscle soreness, joint pain, arthritis, gout, diabetes, sleep issues and all kinds of other things. An 8 oz bottle of the Skinny Cherry has 90 calories and is sweetened with Stevia. They also have four other flavors. I really like the Ginger Cherry too. You can get it at Safeway and Whole Foods, I know for sure. If you go to their web site, you can locate a store. http://www.cheribundi.com/findaretailer.html
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I have read about tart cherry for muscle soreness, but I have never tried it. I don't know where to get it locally. I have also read in the same article that fresh grated ginger is also good for post workout soreness.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    It's expensive and also crazily high in calories (the one I use is 100 cals for a tiny little pouch) but it is very good post race/exercise as a recovery drink.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I like cherries.
  • cmiley24
    cmiley24 Posts: 1
    Options
    I run 20 to 25 miles a week and drink the tcherry juice....wonderful for muscle soreness. It's a must have in frig.