Body By Vi Protein Powder

Options
Has anybody out there heard of this, it's a great Protein powder meal replacement. I add this powder to fruit, a little milk, and yogurt. It's yummy!!!

Just looking for anybody' opinion on these.
Thanks!!!:)

Replies

• devon79
    devon79 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've got that stuff, and I love it!!! I can't say that I've noticed much of a weight loss from it, but it helps fill me up and makes it so that I'm not in a snacky mood, so that's a good thing for me!!! I love it that it is so full of vitamins and nutrients, it's a great addition to your diet!!! Good luck with it!!!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I believe a friend of mine is doing that and she said last night she has lost 11 lbs in 3 weeks.
  • jenbash1972
    Options
    You are totally right, it's got alot of what you need, tons of protein and not alot of fat or sugar!! But with doing the two shakes a day and healthy supper...I totally understand about not losing weight. Been doing them for about 2 weeks now and I am not seeing any results. It's dishardening.
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is selling this product..I checked into it and found that it cost 245.00 for a month for the transition pack..I find it very hard to spend that kind of money on a product like this..when I am finding that this site works well with what I am eating and exercising and logging..I know a few others that have done and lost weight with it, but I am also afraid that it is one of those products that when you stop it you will gain the weight back..just my thoughts on it!
  • jenbash1972
    Options
    Well I never thought it of it like thanks YoungS. Maybe I'll re-think this.
  • Tupelo64
    Tupelo64 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just recently started using the sweet cream body by Vi protein powder. I am normally a juicer in the am, and it is a challenge for me to eat in the morning.. let alone eat protein so I have a friend who sells it and gave me a free bag to try. She is NOT out to make money.. she is a distributer only because her family uses alot of products by this Body by Vi company so this in NOT and endorsement of the company, I know nothing about it.. but just a comment about the protein powder iteself.

The bag is like $48. and makes 30 shakes.. I have to say. it taste DELICIOUS. I have a vanilla whey protein that I paid $25 for and it makes more I believe.. but this stuff taste and mixes 10 times better. I mix mine with 6 oz of 1% milk, and a tablespoon of organic peanut butter and sometimes a frozen fruit like a banana or blueberries. I love love love it. I will only make it once a day, as I do not want to drag my one bullet to work.. but I find after I have had a hard work out and am too tired to cook that I will mtix this - for an easy meal.

I have been watching what I eat and working out 3-4 times a week.. lost many inches but not one pount. so I will see how this works for me.. if anything.. I feel like I am getting a dessert a sweet, yummy shake!

I need to check ingredients, etc.. and research it a little better.. but after about 4 days. I give it a thumbs up on taste!
  • NcScoobie
    Options
    I've been using the powder for a little over 2 months. The weight loss has been slow and steady. I really like them because they help me plan what I'm going to eat during the day. I usually mix mine with chocolate almond milk and frozen fruit or orange extract - yummy!
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Love my Vi shakes. I started on Tues and had lost 5 lbs by Friday. I was only able to get 1 shake per day in this week due to migraines so I can't wait to see my result with 2 a day. I have a list of about 100 different shakes you can make. I like the almond joy one and i use the unsweetened almond milk.
  • Tupelo64
    Options
    Love my Vi shakes. I started on Tues and had lost 5 lbs by Friday. I was only able to get 1 shake per day in this week due to migraines so I can't wait to see my result with 2 a day. I have a list of about 100 different shakes you can make. I like the almond joy one and i use the unsweetened almond milk.
  • Tupelo64
    Options
    I obviously do not know how to repost with a quote. I would love to try the almond joy one. I love anything coconut. Also my apologies for my spelling errors on the previous post.. I did read the ingredients this morning as I made my shake and it does list soy protien isolate as the first ingredient. I had a pharmist tell me that too much soy in a women's diet is thought to trigger some chemical reaction in our bodies that cause the dynamics that make cancer grow. I know everything causes cancer these days.. but just the C word makes me nervous with my family history. Not sure I will continue to use it.. but wow.. by far the very very best protein powder I have ever tried!
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I obviously do not know how to repost with a quote. I would love to try the almond joy one. I love anything coconut. Also my apologies for my spelling errors on the previous post.. I did read the ingredients this morning as I made my shake and it does list soy protien isolate as the first ingredient. I had a pharmist tell me that too much soy in a women's diet is thought to trigger some chemical reaction in our bodies that cause the dynamics that make cancer grow. I know everything causes cancer these days.. but just the C word makes me nervous with my family history. Not sure I will continue to use it.. but wow.. by far the very very best protein powder I have ever tried!

Feel free to message me if you'd like the recipe
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    There is not tons of protein 12g for 1 serving. That is half of what a protein powder should have.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I've been using the powder for a little over 2 months. The weight loss has been slow and steady. I really like them because they help me plan what I'm going to eat during the day. I usually mix mine with chocolate almond milk and frozen fruit or orange extract - yummy!

There's something important said here. "I really like them because they help me plan what I'm going to eat during the day".

Don't limit yourself to an overpriced product which is heavily marketed to those who don't have a good understanding of the mechanics of weight/fat loss. I don't believe it's a "bad" product but wouldn't it be more satiating to chew some food vs. drinking it? There's nothing this product is going to do for you that cheaper whole food or even protein powders and a good multi-vitamin cant.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I know some ladies that like it, get good results, and say it's delicious, but for me personally I can't justify the cost when I can go to Target and get their brand of vanilla whey powder for $16 (26 servings I think) with 25g protein per 140 cal serving. I can't speak to how it compares to other options out there, but I'm happy with it for now. There are also lots of other non-generic protein powders out there that are less than $1 per serving with lots of protein per calories, it's not like the Target generic is the only affordable option out there, it was just convenient for me when I ran out and wanted to try something different than my last tub. Mix with a little almond milk, a frozen banana, and some sugar-free cheesecake pudding mix and you've got yourself a real winner. :-) You can make unlimited flavor combinations just buying stuff at the grocery store, you don't need a specially marketted kit to accomplish that. There have been some amazing recipes posted in the recipe forum that you can use with any brand of protein powder as well. :-)

ETA: Just to be clear I am not using it as a meal replacement, I plan my meals and then I use this as a treat/supplement in the evenings to help get in plenty of protein in my day and b/c it's delicious. :-)
  • ChanlynMay
    ChanlynMay Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use the Visalus as well. I used to be big on Starbucks frozen drinks and have swapped them out for a shake. I wouldn't rely on them as a meal replacement but definitely enjoy them if I am in a hurry or if it's a morning that I don't feel like eating a breakfast.