conversions

Options
Hi guys well I just have a silly question I dont know if im doing the right thing you guys use a special website to do conversions like tbs to cups, cups to tsp etc to get the right amount of calories ? I just did one conversion like 1tbs to cup =0.062 5 so is correct if I add that number as serving size using the decimal option ? Thanks .

Replies

• CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I find it too time consuming to convert every single bit. There are always entries showing cups, tbsp AND grams...so I go for these. They are usually the more reliable ones too. When you want to log ie cauliflower: You will find several entries. Click on one after the other and click "serving size". Then it shows you the options. Usually these entries (with many different serving sizes)are the ones with more confirmations too. Good luck with logging:flowerforyou:
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Google has a built-in converter. Just do a 'search' for:
    "1 US tablespoon in US cups"

You should be able to set the number of servings to 0.0625 but you'll have to confirm it for yourself. As helloliss says, it may be easier to use a different food item.

It'd be interesting to know which food you're thinking of. Volume measures aren't as accurate for solids as weight. Do you have food scales?
  • helloliss
    helloliss Posts: 43
    Options
    No I don't :( I wish My FP add something or more options to do the conversions :) when adding the food to the diary lol !
  • Vickied84
    Vickied84 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    http://www.convertunits.com/

I use this site.