Zumba- how many calories??

Options
Good Morning to all!!

I recently signed up for myfitnesspal, and will say that it does make you aware of what you eat. I also started going to zumba classes 3 days a week. I don't have a calorie tracker yet, but for now, is there any kind of guideline about how many calories I would burn doing zumba for 45 mins. I am 5'6 and 230lbs. The zumba instructor really gets you moving and I am beat red when i finished, (and sore!!). Any help would be great so I can try and keep a more accurate account of my workouts.

Thanks to all!!

Replies

• rswood62
    rswood62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    There is a website called www.zumbacalories.com that will help you figure out how many calories were burned based on weight, workout intensity and length of class.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Without a heart rate monitor, any estimation of how many calories you burn for a workout could be the difference of a couple hundred calories. My estimation is 500-800 calories for 45 minutes
  • Help4nb
    Help4nb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    hi , i do zumba at home and i advantage anywhere from 480-560 for 30 mins work out.
    im 200lb and 5ft 4inches!!
    hope that helps. good look!
    ps I LOVE ZUMBA !! X
  • bbgrlrachel
    bbgrlrachel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!! I looked up on zumbacalories.com. It gave me 698, but just as a precaution, I think I will put 550. I just started this week doing zumba, and the instructor really gets into it. Burns a lot of calories! I haven't quite mastered it yet, but hopefully it will get easier! Thanks for all your help!!!
  • Melanieedington
    Options
    My bodybugg informs me that I burn 800-900 per 60 minute class. Its a pretty intense class. I'm literally dripping sweat when I'm finished.