Motivation from MFP Friends...

Options
Just a quick question.. does anyone else find that lack of support/comments from other MFP friends is actually demotivating? I know when I've done a big workout burn, or had a good day food-wise and been under, it kind of demotivates me that of the 20+ "friends" I have I usually get one or two comments, and sometimes none at all. Being someone who has never really craved attention because of the weight I'm finding it hard that now I am making the effort I guess I'm disappointed with the lack of support. Am I too fussy???

:noway:

Replies

• ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    will make a definiater effort to be more supportive to you Jamie x
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I find that the more that I support others, the more that I get back. So, the more I give, the more I get.

It isn't always the case and often "real life" gets in the way.

People go through stages when they're busy and juggling lots of things or have a lot of things on their minds.

The more friends you have, the harder it is to keep track of and support everyone.

I try to find a balance on here. Sometimes I'm so busy that I have trouble finding time to log my food, which is my priority. Other times, I try to make up for lost time and catch up with people when I can and other times I comment as I go along.

You can't take things personally or let it derail your from your focus of getting fit.
  • 04warrior
    04warrior Posts: 16
    Options
    It would be nice to actually have a friend or two on MFP. I have used the site mostly as a logging mechanism but would enjoy developing some friendships with others who have similary goals / interests....
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I think you should add more friends.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    It would be nice to actually have a friend or two on MFP. I have used the site mostly as a logging mechanism but would enjoy developing some friendships with others who have similary goals / interests....

If you check out the "Groups" tab, there are tons of groups created by MFPers that you may be interested in joining. I get a lot of my friends that way.
  • TheMiddlePath
    TheMiddlePath Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I think you should add more friends.

This...

I have 15 friends and generally get 1-2 comments - and I generally am commenting on 7-8 people per day. It is fine for me - but if you want more support, add more friends. People log on at different times and if they already have a bunch of friends...that factors into it as well.
  • madmum99
    madmum99 Posts: 19
    Options
    I have found exactly the same, I dont expect a comment every time, but I have 10 friends and only get comments from two, one of which is my partner. Am seriously thinking of deleting those who dont return the encouragement as it is a downer. Feel free to add me for support, I will be there xxxx
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I actually feel bad that I don't comment more often, but usually my friends complete their food diaries or exercise after I'm not on my computer anymore (when I've left work) and I don't see feeds on the app for my phone, I just enter my stuff. I try to comment when I can though! Now that I think about it, I should probably comment more, because I know I feel good when I get a motivational comment on my diary or exercise logging :)