Question for the Ladies about your period

Options
Sooooo I've been doing the 30 day shred for 7 days now. this is the first time in a real long time I've consistantly excercised. I'm 33, 5'2' and currently at 127-128. My periods are normal and regular but now I'm late by 5 or 6 days (leap year and all). I'm 1000% positively not preggers. There have been times that i've been late due to stress but I'm so NOT stressed lately.

Is it possible for a new excercise regimen to cause lateness??

Replies

• Sweetncgal78
    Sweetncgal78 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Been eating right and exercising for 2 months now and mine have been about 5 days late, I ovulated 5 days late as well.
  • MissJenn33
    MissJenn33 Posts: 131
    Options
    bump. any one else?
  • emgett
    emgett Posts: 13
    Options
    Back before I started a regular exercise regime, even just one reasonable rigorous trip to the gym was enough to push me back ~ 5 days. I expected to be even later this month, since I've worked out several times a week for the last 3 weeks (as opposed to approx. once every 2 weeks), but I was actually on schedule. I guess our bodies just need to be used to our activity levels.

I definitely wouldn't worry after only seven days.
  • kaylvan
    kaylvan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Although I haven't experienced it myself, I have always read/heard that any change in exercise can mess with your period. I wouldn't be too worried about it but if you are, check with the doc :)
  • BlueEyedMomma08
    BlueEyedMomma08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine is a whole month late. It just takes our bodies time to get used to the new stresses that are being put on our bodies. But if you are concerned you should definitely check with your gyno. Annual visits are very important.
  • MissJenn33
    MissJenn33 Posts: 131
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm sooooo super bloated right now it's just silly. So I know it'll get here eventually. Hopefully sooner than later because I don't think there's anything else than watching the scale rise when you're working your butt off.

Sometimes being a woman sucks!
  • mamatoboys6219
    mamatoboys6219 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am on day five of a missed period. Have been working out for six weeks non stop. I am not prego, its irritating!