Running Shoes

Options
Been on a routine of running 3-4 times a week since December. In the last 2-3 weeks my heels have been killing me. I bought insoles for my shoes, but it hasn't helped. Anyone have suggestions for a pair of really awesome, sturdy, and comfortable running shoes? I need to buy something, soon! Thanks!

Replies

• bootbuilder
    Options
    Check your city to see if you have a shoe store that is specifically for running. They will have the most knowledge and will get you into the proper shoes.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    You should go to a running store (a real running store, not a chain store like ****'s or Sport's Authority) to have your feet and gait analyzed. They will give you better feedback than we will.
  • gary8964
    gary8964 Posts: 69
    Options
    I bought a pair of ASICS and am VERY appy with them.
  • nikkibyrdRN
    nikkibyrdRN Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I agree, find a running store and get fitted! They will look at all aspects of your feet and how you run. Worth it!!
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    Definitely get a proper fitting for your shoes. Just because a certain brand is awesome for one person, it may not be for you.
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Go get your gait analyzed at a running store. They'll be able to match you to a pair of shoes that support your feet just right.
  • leadoff
    leadoff Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Running mechanics may be the problem here? Sounds like you are a classic "heel-striker." :)

As far as running shoes, get fitted! :) Personally, I like the Nike Lunarlon series (specifically the Lunarfly). Very soft landing, extremely light, and good arch supports.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Asics 2170s are one of the most popular stability shoes out there. I ran in them last year, but this year switched to Saucony Hurricane 14s and they have a lot more cushioning...I LOVE them.

But I do agree with the other posts....I got both pairs of my running shoes at a local running store and got my gait analyzed and got excellent recommendations.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I went to the running store once. They helped me find the perfect shoe. Now, I just buy the same model on amazon.com for less.
  • Crystalb43
    Crystalb43 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Running mechanics may be the problem here? Sounds like you are a classic "heel-striker." :)

As far as running shoes, get fitted! :) Personally, I like the Nike Lunarlon series (specifically the Lunarfly). Very soft landing, extremely light, and good arch supports.

I don't know about the "heel-striker" :) but I am pretty flat footed, and I know it has something to do with it. I just have never had any problems with my feet, so it's just weird.
  • klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Agreed...find yourself a running store and get fitted properly. I've been buying Asics since I did, feels like walking on clouds!