New to this

Options
Hi there,

Tipped the scales at 238lbs had lost over 30 lbs last year but hit a brick wall in December and it's taken me until now to get back on the wagon!! This is my 1st week using MFP have always counted points or units etc so it's my first time counting calories. Can anyone tell me if I made a bowl of fruit salad and counted all the calories in yesterdays diary but didnt eat it all and want to finish it today do I count it in todays diary or not???

Thanks

Replies

• tanning07
    Options
    can someone please tell me how this works my PAC recomended it.
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hello Tanning & long, you will find a lot of good advive & some great support on this site so stick with it. Firstly @ long, I would count what you eat today in todays dairy. It just helps me to do it that way so I stay within some sort of boundary, don't worry too much about being under/over for day, as it will all even out for your weekly macros. Tanning, there are far more experienced people here to say how it works but heres my 2cents, go to goals (next to home tab) & either have the recommended macro split or change it to suit your goals, I would recommend personalising the split to you. Then from there input everything that you eat, even if it's a bad day put it all in! It's a lot of work initially but I have been here just over six months & it is part of my daily routine now. BEST OF LUCK.

Russ
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    PS sometimes replies can be a little slow because of the way the boards are ranked but if that is the case stick on a double post(like this) or "bump", bump just keeps your question active & allows people to have a longer time to respond.

Russ
  • Long2bslim
    Long2bslim Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply Russ,

Tanning I'm just trying to get to grips with it myself but so far I just add in what I eat every day and any exercise that I do and hope to see the results, 1st weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed, have been "good" this week so really hoping I can keep it up have lots to lose !!