Anyone out there in their early 60's with arthritis?

Options
Hi, I've been doing this now for a couple of weeks - arthritis makes the exercising a challenge - got it in both knees. Anyone out there that would like to chat and share how you can eat good food, interesting food, and exercise when walking and standing is not easy. I'm downunder in New Zealand, but always enjoy having friends, even if only in cyberspace. Cheers, Radar18 aka Cec

Replies

• Dallyhi
    Dallyhi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Would you believe just yesterday my Doc. told me I have it in my left knee? He told me to switch up my exercise from only walking, which we did at least 6 times a week to swimming and cycling. Going to go to a physiotherapist on Monday (I hope to anyway) see what they say.

You sound like your's is worse than mine.

Let's keep in touch!
    (Live near Vancouver, BC, Canada):flowerforyou:
  • Nannyjay
    Nannyjay Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jean and I have had arthritis for several years now. It has crept all over my body, and the only exercise I can do is walking. I walk my dog for an hour or so every afternoon and for about 20 mins. in the mornings and although it's not strenuous, I feel that it's as much as I can do. I shall be 71 in a few days, so I'm older than you, but I feel very frustrated - my hands are swollen (and I was a music teacher and pianist), my hips and knees ache. Ohhhhh, don't get me started. I'm hoping that if I lose some weight it will help a bit.