I have one for ANZ....my bank is NAB, lol
  • LolaGotThin
    LolaGotThin Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Ad block!! :> I have zero ads.
  • brentsblog
    brentsblog Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Its the cookies in your browser telling them what to advertise it comes on what type of sites / things you search for as they are targeting the audience which is YOU.

You can delete the cookie and it will reset and give you random ones.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Its how ads work. In your cookies they track what you have recently searched, what has been posted on websites you have visited, etc. Seeing as you are on a weightloss and food site, it sees that, then the ad searches its database for a food ad, in hopes that you might buy something from it. I get android phone ads, because I read a lot on android phones

Thanks Ben, but I am only playing.

For the record, I've not searched for Pizza Hut.

I know exactly where it is.

Ah gotcha. I also get a ton of bikini body ads too. IDK, maybe the google ads thinks I need to get into that bikini this summer
  • dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    Mostly TRX and car ads ...
  • Whinchat
    Whinchat Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    NHS ad requesting blood doners here. Haven't donated blood for 18months as last time my iron levels were too low so there's some sort of mind-reading thing going on imo. Og the guilt! :laugh:
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    :smile: Mine shows ads for Blue Cross Blue Shield. I've done several searches for insurance lately...
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    Now it shows an ad for an online MBA..I've done searches for that too
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Good point...well presented!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    It's not just what you search for... the ads are smart ads. If there is type on the page that says something about pizza an ad with pizza will be displayed. If your page says something about running - there you go, a plethora of ads about running shoes, clothes, etc. I hate it, but it is so.
  • 1DrewB
    1DrewB Posts: 6
    Options
    Silkies leg wear...WTH???
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I have at&t ads right now. I had been getting ads for the Beatles Love, Cirque show in LV.

Beatles Love is awesome I saw it last year.
  • Tasha_uk
    Tasha_uk Posts: 70
    Options
    Mine is showing Tesco.
  • cazwillis99
    cazwillis99 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Mine is about safe drinking levels - I am tee-total. Last page was blood in your poo - I am pretty sure I have never googled that either!!!!!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    When I log in from work, I get ads for my employer :frown: