How long have you been on MFP?

Options
Hi

Do you have any good tips to share? :smile: especially for sweet cravings? :noway: What works for you?

Please share them - trying to remain very focused but do have some bad days!

Thank you for reading !

:happy:

Replies

• Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The longer you go without sweets, the cravings get easier, but when I really get a really intense craving and try to not eat it, I end up munching on twice as many calories eating "healthy" munches instead, so I just go with the craving but try to eat a smaller amount - one large chocolate covered caramel instead of a giant candy bar or something like that. Then, I log my calories and try to make really healthy choices the rest of the day. I also find that for the ordinary "I wants" usually some fruit with a little whipped cream or carb smart ice cream or fruit with stevia sprinkled on it will do the trick. Good luck!
  • Courtney24107
    Options
    46 days! :D and i'm down 22 pounds! Just keep pushing! and remember everyday is a new day! All it takes is time! :)

Feel free to add me! :)
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've been on here for 11 days, so I'm a newbie :) For sweet cravings I have plain greek yogurt with some cinnamon. If I want it sweeter, I add a bit of truvia. So yummy!
  • ccripe4
    ccripe4 Posts: 1
    Options
    Actually I'm very new to MFP. I just Joined two days ago. Not sure where this is all going, but I'm encouraged after read many success stories.
  • khammondgarcialopez
    Options
    hi all just signed on very excited about it trying to reach my goal weight of 160 lbs and to be healthy
  • dede1988
    dede1988 Posts: 11
    Options
    I've been on here since April of last year. I'm just now getting into the friendly part of MFP. It has been a battle getting where I am today. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • trolkeeper
    trolkeeper Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi

Do you have any good tips to share? :smile: especially for sweet cravings? :noway: What works for you?

Please share them - trying to remain very focused but do have some bad days!

Thank you for reading !

:happy:

chocolate rice cakes yummy
  • yummy76
    yummy76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great idea!
    thank you
  • yummy76
    yummy76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much and very true - well done on your results!
  • Tywana
    Tywana Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    2 years off and on...
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Aug, 2010. I think portion control worked for me.
  • leahnoelle31
    leahnoelle31 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Plain or vanilla Greek yogurt with a tablespoon of chocolate chips and sometimes strawberries or blueberries. YUM! I like this BETTER than ice cream (and the ice cream around here is amazing so that speaks volumes)
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    481 days
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for the last 2.5months. I have found that this site helps immensely. I am able to track all my foods to see what I am eating, and get some well needed motivation. Using this site I find that I am doing well...better than I have ever done before. It gives me hope that I can do it.

And surprinsingly, I don't really crave sweet...and if I ever do I let myself have a little bit. I don't cut anything out 100%... I am trying to do everything in moderation and achieve a blance in my life.
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    305 days!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    180 days today! Down about 55lbs. As for sweets? I eat them when I want them. Always. :happy: As long as they fit in my calories for the day I eat them. And if I really want them and they won't fit? I exercise to get more calories, or sometimes I cheat and go over that day. It all evens out as long as you don't go over often.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP on January 7th of this year weighing in at 242 lbs and today is my 65th day on here and I am now 202.4! I LOVE MFP...

As far as cravings I SURE do have them! Yesterday I had a HUGE craving for sweets so my splurge food was my protein bars! I have some "Lite" ones that have only 3g of sugar but a ton of protein. My body needed the protein anyway after this weeks workouts and they fixed my sweet cravings because they were "cookies and cream" and "peanut butter chocolate" protein bars. YUMMM

A few other suggestions: I used to just pop a small 100 cal bag of Smart Pop Kettle Corn! They have a hint of sweetness and are super low in calories. Also Emerald Cocoa Almonds 100 cal packs are also very good and low in Sugar. Also I loved to drink Low cal, low sugar hot cocoa or eat some Quaker Rice Cakes. Also home made smoothies always help as well.
  • KayLexMemere
    Options
    I make Swiss Miss hot chocolate. I make it with milk so it's richer and it helps my sweet and chocolate cravings. :drinker:
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    2.5 months.
  • warnerl1
    warnerl1 Posts: 25
    Options
    I just started yesterday so I am really new to MFP, but from what I have seen so far this website is going to really help me!!