looking for a good protein shake

Options
any suggestions? I wanted to try ensure high protein, but I don't know how it tastes.. I usually drink special k protein shakes but with 190 calories and only 10 g of protein, it seems like a waste.now. help!! I really need a good shake that doesn't put my belly in a funk due to lots of minerals!

Replies

• Tweety1983
    Tweety1983 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I usually drink the great value weight loss shakes, but its about the same as the special k ones.
  • kaseyAnne425
    Options
    I wouldn't necessarily mind it as a snack, but sometimes, I prefer one as a meal.. like I'm having a special k shake with a banana and peanut butter for my morning snack today..
  • Farhanum
    Farhanum Posts: 13
    Options
    I'd go for the following:

Phd Diet whey
    Phd normal whey (I recommend the Phd ones)
    Musclepharm Combat
    GNC Whey
    BSN Syntha-6
    Shakeology

They may look a little "hardcore" but have a scoop of these blended with water (Or milk- I wouldn't suggest eating anything with it if you blend with milk) and your good to go!
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for something that fills you up or are you trying to get more nutrients for less calories? Both?

I use Shakeology, which is more meal replacement but does have high protein and nutrients and it's very filling. I have used the Myoplex (I think) and those have a lot of protein and taste good, but they don't keep me full as long. I had the same issues with Special K.

If you're looking for just protein, the highest content I've heard of is in the ones gastric bypass patients use post-surgery. I don't know what they're called though.
  • Farhanum
    Farhanum Posts: 13
    Options
    Are you looking for something that fills you up or are you trying to get more nutrients for less calories? Both?

I use Shakeology, which is more meal replacement but does have high protein and nutrients and it's very filling. I have used the Myoplex (I think) and those have a lot of protein and taste good, but they don't keep me full as long. I had the same issues with Special K.

If you're looking for just protein, the highest content I've heard of is in the ones gastric bypass patients use post-surgery. I don't know what they're called though.

Consider Phd Diet whey, that managed to keep me full for atleast 6 hours... :)
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I do EAS ADVANTEDGE premade shakes from sams club. They have em in reg stores but only four at a time. Sams u can get 24 packs. The chocolate is the one i get. And yum! Easy convieniant! 110 cals 17 protien 0 carbs!
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    GNC has a shake called Total Lean, it tastes good and has tons of protien, and is only 170 calories. I often use it as a meal replacement.

http://www.gnc.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=3998910&sr=1&origkw=total lean
  • Kila1907
    Kila1907 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use Slim Fast (190 cal 20 protein) & Isopure (40 protein) after workouts.
  • IngeliseA
    IngeliseA Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Nothing is better than the Isagenix protein shakes, all natural and organic ingredients and nutrients, no fillers or preservatives or chemicals. The whole line of Isagenix products is fantastic!!!