What Motivates You When Exercising?

Options
Music? Tv? Phonecall??

Replies

• Farhanum
    Farhanum Posts: 13
    Options
    Music! Although it depends on the workout..

When I run/cycle- I like to listen to fast paced music, or music recognised as workout music (i.e eye of the tiger :laugh: )
    When doing weight training- I just workout infront of a mirror and that's it
    When feeling lazy/ stationary cycling/ running on treadmill- I prefer watching something.. In my gym they always played come dine with me :drinker:
  • irishmist40
    Options
    music ....good n loud up beat music !!!!!
  • dawnhite7778
    Options
    Definitely the music! I listen to pandora when I do cardio, and they have stations for that. What I started doing is rotating per song. Like, the first song I will keep my mets on the cycle above 70, then the second song no lower then 60 and I just keep going like that it has really helped with my calorie burn. The one day I got up to 14 mph! 14 miles in one hour was a great accomplishment. I burned over 600 calories it was great.
  • CiarraCA
    CiarraCA Posts: 56
    Options
    thinking about how good my body will look and this pair of jeans I want to fit into!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Looking good in my new bathing suite.
    The hot sex I have with my man.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Books/movies if I'm on a machine.
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Options
    My motivations are my children and husband. I am getting healthy for me and to be there for them.

But when I exercise on the treadmill, I will put my laptop up there and watch the shows I did not get to watch on hulu or their designated websites. Othertimes I like to listen to my Ipod. My playlist consists of alternative and rock with great beats. My husband has labeled it Loud. LOL. It is his music library but I love it. When running they have fast beats or ones that just make you wanna go.
    Really though if I like to listen to it loud in my car while going down the road, then it is a great workout song.
  • coreykantola
    Options
    Knowing that i am going to live longer and healthy. That my wife thinks i'm hot and my kids see that hard work pays off.

Oh ya and really loud METALLICA!
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Options
    Looking good in my new bathing suite.
    The hot sex I have with my man.

I love your honesty here about your relationship with your man. That is also a great motivation. I know the sexier I feel the more it makes me want to show it off.
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    @dawnhite thank you for the pandora tip! I did not know they had 'workout' music already put together!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Music
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    My fiancee in her tight workout pants or short shorts. Always helps me get thru the last rep when I have that standing next to me. ;)
  • dawnhite7778
    Options
    Your are welcome!!
  • dawnhite7778
    Options
    You are welcome. I think I just did a search on exercise or cardio to fine it. :smile:
  • pumpkinisland
    Options
    My trip to Jamaica this May!! I can't wait!! Plus I am doing Insanity, and love watching Shawn T!!! :)
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I like Pandora. I also get on the treadmill say for a 30 minute goal and when I hit 30 minutes I may be 2.2 miles then say "ok let me go to 2.25 miles" then when I am there I will be at 32 minutes then say"ok go to 35 minutes" LOL yeah a little werid maybe but that cycle usually gets me to 45-55 minutes. Works for me. :-)
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    The results I see.......
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I like Pandora. I also get on the treadmill say for a 30 minute goal and when I hit 30 minutes I may be 2.2 miles then say "ok let me go to 2.25 miles" then when I am there I will be at 32 minutes then say"ok go to 35 minutes" LOL yeah a little werid maybe but that cycle usually gets me to 45-55 minutes. Works for me. :-)
    LOL ... not weird at all! I do the same thing. IT WORKS!
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    that number on the scale every morning! it keeps going down <3 love it! i want to weigh as much as i did in high school =]
  • jandk09
    jandk09 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    music