Just switched over from Sparkpeople

Options
Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
I just found this food tracker to be the best one out there, easiest to use.....so, brand new here, and just wanted to say hello to everyone!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I had checked out Sparkpeople and found the food database too small and the site too confusing. Welcome and good luck.:drinker:
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You're going to love mfp, its great! I wish I would have known about it sooner. If you need friends to help support you or motivate you feel free to add me! :happy:
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I had checked out Sparkpeople and found the food database too small and the site too confusing.

^^me too. I absolutely LOVE mfp!
  • Taitiant
    Taitiant Posts: 65
    Options
    :flowerforyou: welcome..!! I tried sparks too, but was not simple enough for me i guess.. because I love MFP, and u will too!! .. Good luck to you on your journey!

16512618.png
  • microburst20
    Options
    I tried spark and not only is mfp easier to use but the meals and products i eat are already in the database. That has really motivated me to track my food.
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Good luck :smile:
    I was on Sparkpeople a year ago. It worked fine for me,but this site is 100% better. I have gained weight back over the winter,so am ready to get it all off and feel better about myself.
  • abbysue72
    Options
    Didn't care for SparkPeople either. I couldn't really understand it & didn't think it was easy to use. I'm loving this site though :)
  • alabasterwoman2268
    Options
    I had used Spark People as well and heard about this site through a friend. I thought I would try this one out.:smile:
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • MummyHungry
    MummyHungry Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome! I used the sparkpeople phone app first, but the databases and website sync on mfp were much better. I lost 20 lbs from Feb to Dec on SP, and already 25 more just since Dec when I switched. MFP definitely works better for me!. :happy:
  • ARMom8251
    ARMom8251 Posts: 194
    Options
    I think there are a lot of people who have tried it...I did and did not like it. This is a wonderful site, and hey it has helped me lose 51 pounds I say results speak for themselves...not to take anything away from me lol I busted my *kitten*, but I would not have gotten here this fast without the wonderful people here. Good luck!
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm another refugee from Sparkpeople. I like MFP so much better. It's easier to use and navigate and as everyone else has said--the food database is way better. I am so glad I found MFP --you need to just jump right in and find some buddies and work it!
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your goals. :smile:
  • tcjrph
    tcjrph Posts: 6
    Options
    I used sparkpeople for awhile and found it very confusing. I'm having a much better time using MFP.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Hellooooo
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm another refugee from Sparkpeople. I like MFP so much better. It's easier to use and navigate and as everyone else has said--the food database is way better. I am so glad I found MFP --you need to just jump right in and find some buddies and work it!

I agree I also found Spark People to be more of a very low calorie community... LOL
  • WiltingRose87
    Options
    I also came over from spark people :) Welcome! Feel free to add me if you'd like. Good luck on your weight loss goals!
  • liveonlocation
    liveonlocation Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I was using LoseIt! , it was good, but he food database and membership here are much larger.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I only ever used Sparkpeople for their exercise routines they offer on their site, which I still think some are pretty good. But everything else was kinda cheesy. Ahwell.

Welcome.
  • slim422
    slim422 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    LOVE the flags and welcome, I think you'll find the MFP tools and community a huge help.