"sigh" whats the most weight anyone has gained on vacartion?

Options
I went on vacation and gained 10 pounds in 6 days... :noway: .I weighed when I got home last night and freaked out!! Went down a pound this morning but I know I walked a ton around theme parks ect. but did not log or pay attention to anything I ate, mainly buffets breakfast and late dinners... So I am thinking getting back on track this week and see if I can get back where I was, I expected a small gain but not this!!!
:frown:

Replies

• tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am going on Vacation next week and am so worried about gaining.. I'm going to a different country so the food will be different and I seem not to make good choices away from home. Any tips?
  • nikkilou1978
    nikkilou1978 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My brother in law gained 13 lbs over a 4 day vacation at Disney world. I gained 5 but was pregnant and also very swollen when I got home. Hubby gained 4 lbs
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    12lbs in a week. But lost 6lbs of it in less than a week when I got back to eating right.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    We were at Disney World, Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood studios....Kinda tricked myself into thinking with all the walking that I could relax! Not so much,. was extrememly dissapointed when I got on that scale! I am just getting back on track, its all i can do! I need this site and all the support it offers, I love it and all of you!! :flowerforyou:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    my last vacation I lost 7 lbs. during my 1½ week visiting friends in San Diego, CA. no exercise other than walking. didn't track either
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    my last vacation I lost 7 lbs. during my 1½ week visiting friends in San Diego, CA. no exercise other than walking. didn't track either

We are all health nuts in San Diego.... you can't enjoy the place without going for walk... Torrey Pines Beach, La Jolla Cove, Del Mar 15th St Beach, Swamis, The Zoo, Safari Park, Seaworld, Legoland, etc
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    not what you want to hear, but i usually lose on vacation.... for whatever reason. think it's because my main issue seems to be not eating enough in general... so i eat more on vacation and don't workout as much.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I gained a stone an a half in a week :|
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Not on vacation but I've gained 14lbs during a 2 day binge!!
  • mjsamee
    Options
    its that mind frame, we trick ourselves back into that I have already failed so why not go out with a bang and start back tomorrow, or its a vacation what will it hurt I should enjoy it, or I am walking enough to eat whateverrrr I want, I need mfp and its support continuous logging to keep me on track!! I could have usedmy phone app to do it but didnt therefore I paid the price!!!
  • mjsamee
    Options
    Not on vacation but I've gained 14lbs during a 2 day binge!!

its so hard to lose and so stinking easy to gain...ugggg we can get back on track together!! :flowerforyou: congrats on the huge weight loss already!!!
  • mjsamee
    Options
    I am going on Vacation next week and am so worried about gaining.. I'm going to a different country so the food will be different and I seem not to make good choices away from home. Any tips?

just log and keep track of your food and exercise like normal and maybe have just one cheat day a week...wish i would have done it because I know it works!!!! Good luck and enjoy!!:flowerforyou:
  • mjsamee
    Options
    not what you want to hear, but i usually lose on vacation.... for whatever reason. think it's because my main issue seems to be not eating enough in general... so i eat more on vacation and don't workout as much.

Not what I dont want to hear either, thats a good thing...way to go!:bigsmile:
  • mjsamee
    Options
    tomorrow is my real weigh in day so I will update weight, however I did already subtract the weight gain from my loss:ohwell: hopefully it will cone back off quick as I ate alot of salt and didnt drink near the water that I should have! because I know I didnt consume as many calories to gain 10 pounds that would be what 35,000??? yeah:noway:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I think you would have a hard time eating 35000 above maintenance so I'd say a fair portion will be water weight. So don't stress, just get back into it :)
  • chaoticchica
    chaoticchica Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I managed ten pounds in Five days so Ha! LOL Don't feel bad, I absolutely freaked, too! I was one pound away from thirty down, now I've got twelve pounds to go just to get back there again.
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Around 10 lbs. in half a week when I did the Buffet of Buffets at Vegas (unlimited access to all Caesar Buffets, including Paris Buffet, and Rio World Buffet), as long as you use your pass within the 24 hour allotment.

I went to a late dinner, a breakfast, a lunch, and an early dinner.

It was seafood and dessert insanity.

Even though I walked everywhere, it was nowhere near burning it off.
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    6 pounds on a 7 day cruise last year. Took me 2 months to drop it off again! We are going on a 9 day next week and I am already telling myself to leave all the desserts alone! Wish me luck.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hmm trip to South Africa - not sure what the actual weight gain was because I didn't dare weigh, but I do know that I waddled when I got home and I haven't done that before. Also none of my clothes fitted, not even the fat ones. It didn't take that long to go of again though, and it was a fab holiday.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    10 pounds in 3-4 days, took it off in less than a week as most of it was water weight. One of the few times I don't mind being on a diuretic for my blood pressure. Without it, it probably would have taken a little longer, but again, the vast majority of the weight was water weight.