NIKE+ Fuel band

Options
How many of us already are on a pre order/ wait list for this? I have been spending some time thinking about this or the FitBit tool? Anyone have any knowledge of either of these that they want to share?

Replies

• JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My husband pre-ordered one for me and I got it on February 22. So far, I really like it. There are some things I don't like about it, though.

I love it for seeing how many steps I take in a day and about how many calories I burn when I go for runs or walks. I like that when I log in it shows how my activity compares to other women my age, and I like that it keeps track online of how many miles I've gone total. I love how it looks...it looks really cool and is easy to use. It's motivated me for days that I'm close on "fuel points" at the end of the day to get some extra activity in...I find myself jogging in place while cooking dinner and whatnot just to make sure I meet my fuel point goal.

I don't like how often it needs to be re-charged (every couple of days...mine died mid-day yesterday because I hadn't had time to charge it since Tuesday). My biggest beef with it is that it doesn't account for all of the calories you burn in a day....only when you are up and moving around. And I've noticed it doesn't count as much as it should if I'm doing something like biking or being on an elliptical....mostly it tracks when I'm running or walking. Although the other day I went for a 4 mile walk and it was cold, so I had my hands in my pocket...and it barely counted any steps/calories at all, I assume b/c my wrist was stationary in my pocket. It will be awesome this spring/summer when I am going on runs pretty much every day, I hope.

I recommend it...but if you are wanting something that is going to accurately count every calorie you burn in a day, it's not going to do that.
  • mezz3329
    mezz3329 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I am a gadget geek and like you said it looks really cool. I need to get my hands on one. Just to provide extra motivation.