chocolate cravings agghh help

Options
I am looking for anyone who has suggestions about chocolate cravings and how not to have them !!!! anything will help pleaseeeeee

:explode:

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    i have read that chocolate cravings are an indication that you need magnesium, and you should eat some raw almonds. A really good combination would be a small square or two of dark chocolate, which has antioxidants, and a handful of raw almonds - could satisfy the sweet tooth and the craving in a somewhat healthy fashion!
  • zoominzozo
    zoominzozo Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the only advice I can offer is have just a wee bit. I buy treat size portions of chocolate just to get me through. I'v now cut down to less that a cadbury's treat size bag of buttons (80 cals) per day.
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    Studies show that a square of high qulity dark chocolate is more satisfying than a handful of milk chocolate. It works for me. Good luck.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Deep chocolate vitatops! Mmmmm 100 calories. Low fat and high fiber! Found in the freezer section, just pop in toaster or microwave!
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    These are the things I eat to satisfy my chocolate cravings: a piece of dark chocolate, skinny cow chocolate candies (110-120cals), chocolate vitatops (100cals), Jello sugar free chocolate pudding (60 cals), emerald's cocoa roasted almonds (100 calorie packs), or 90 calorie chocolate flavored fiber one bars.

If you do end up giving in and eating a huge candy bar, just get an extra workout in :)

Hope this helps!
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    I just picked up Emerald dark cocoa roasted almonds 100 cal pack. Really hit the spot for me.....
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Anything Skinny Cow. Mmm... Wish I had some Skinny Cow chocolate dream clusters right now.
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous posters. If it is bad, try a small bit of dark chocolate. Also, one trick you can try is to tell yourself you'll have some chocolate later, which will make your mind think you'll eat some, but most likely you'll forget about it.
  • confuzzledwife
    Options
    I have heard about the magnesium deficiency as well.. If I REALLY need to have chocolate, my favorite is skinny cow dreamy clusters.. omg yum!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Why can't you have chocolate?
  • Katie1951
    Katie1951 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Love those Emerald Chocolate Almonds! Does it for me! One serving will fix my cravings.
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Honestly, when I crave chocolate I grab a 100 cal brownie bite snack pack, or a nutty fudge brownie atkins endulge bar which is like 170 cal. Those are meant for cravings and they work wonders :)
  • jandk09
    jandk09 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate....:))))
  • annafonte
    annafonte Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not sure where you are in the world but I've just been to the supermarket and found chocolate bar called 'Breakaway'. It only has 99 cals per bar. It's made with wholemeal biscuits and oats - low in fat but sugar is about 8g per bar - one a day or every few days should be okay - it all works out evenly if you're good with your calorie allowance :D

Good luck :)
  • bingohead
    bingohead Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    these people who tell you to buy bags of treat size chocs and just eat one when you get the urge are obviously not chocoholics . if I had a bag of treat size chocs then I would eat the whole bag!!!!!
  • drmattski
    drmattski Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with chocolate - for me it was always portion control.
    One of my snacks is 1 oz dark chocolate and 1/4 almonds. Awesome reward for being good all day and I really look forward to it.

I find that saying "No" or "Never" is not sustainable. I am tryign to learn healthy habits that I can maintain. For instance, my old serving sizes were always 2-3 times more than reccomended. Just track what you eat and you make room for some chocolate in your balanced diet.

Cheers,
    Matt
  • GoStaceyGo
    GoStaceyGo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    my cravings get out of control too. so i will do a square of 85% or more dark chocolate, and/or have my chocolate casein shake.
  • tawnajean
    tawnajean Posts: 20
    Options
    I just found Lighthouse 100 cal chocolate dip. It's really thick and yummy (much better than plain old chocolate syrup!) and I love strawberries with it!

The cocoa almonds sound delish too!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I like to melt one of those chocolate baking 1 oz squares into two tablespoons of peanut butter. Makes a delicious, satisfying snack when I'm craving le chocolat.
  • 911chell
    911chell Posts: 26
    Options
    Thank you everyone ! and dark chocolate is my very favorite .. I am going to try the vitatops and skinny cow and dark chocolate almond things .... hope it helps