Has anyone had multiple c-sections and now having trouble lo

Options
I have had 4 c-sections and I have that excess skin and fat. It is so embarrassing, and I want to lose it, but people keep telling me I will never lose it all. Why not? I don't understand why I couldn't, but what do I need to do to lose it?

Replies

• mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Most ladies I know who have had c sections have the 'apron'. You can reduce it but most have always been left with a slight droop above the scar.x
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I've had 2 c-sections. I don't expect to lose the whole sag, but I do hope to get rid of most of it.
  • Karen_ZH
    Karen_ZH Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've had two c-sections - with an appendectomy in between. Seems no matter what I weigh I always have that post-op pooch above the scars.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I can't say whether or not you will lose the sag completely, but I can say that losing fat overall and strengthening your core muscles can only help!
    After I had my 5th child (a 9-6 pounder), I thought at the time that my belly was ruined for good (and then I had another 8-6 pounder after that!) I have been very happy with the changes I've seen from strength and core exercises. Even though I still have some loose skin and of course the stretch marks, I like my belly again.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I've had two c-sections, one with twins when I was 40. I don't think that is my pooch problem. I think the skin just stretches in a way it can't recover from after pregnancy. I can't see why the scar would make a difference. I have plenty of friends with the same pooch who never had a c-section.

I figure, this is life, we are women. If I can't live with it, then surgery. I think I can live with it, though.
  • binky78
    binky78 Posts: 60
    Options
    I also have had 2 of them as well. Lots of scar tissue in that area and its been 13 and 14 years ago so I Don 't this k its ever going to completely go away