chocolate cravings agghh help

Options

Replies

• Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on your weight loss! Awesome!

I bought myself a big bag of 72% chocolate Swiss Delice chocolate squares at Costco and have a piece or 3 when it fits in to my calorie allowance for the day.

I used to pig out on chocolate when I told myself I couldn't have any and when I was also eating a low amount of calories.
    I've since increased my calorie count and have done away with intense cravings and binges. Worked a charm.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I give in to my chocolate cravings, but I just have a small piece.
  • tinaruby
    tinaruby Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am looking for anyone who has suggestions about chocolate cravings and how not to have them !!!! anything will help pleaseeeeee

:explode:

Didn't read all the posts, but Sugar free York Peppermint patties are great and Russell Stover has a few sugar free choices. Like.... Health bar crunch!!! So good!!! They are made with Xylitol, NOT suculose or aspartame or the other regular unhealthy sugar substitutes. :-)
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    A snack with healthy fats and/or protein in the afternoon helps curb my sweet cravings overall. An apple with peanut butter, homemade guacamole with whole grain crackers, or cheese and crackers seems to help.
    Or, like others have said, have some chocolate! My favorite afternoon snack of all is a handful of almonds with a tsbp of dark chocolate chips!
  • DinaRobin
    DinaRobin Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just bought some of that new chocolate philidelphia spread. 86 cals per portion I think!
  • twalton67
    twalton67 Posts: 16
    Options
    snacksize plain m&m's are only 70 calories...
  • jineat
    jineat Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Have some dark chocolate or mix a little Ovaltine in your vanilla protein shake.
  • twalton67
    twalton67 Posts: 16
    Options
    also have tried the Marathon , snickers dark chocolate protien bar is great and will satisfy for a while....
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    Blue Bunny Fudge Lites...35 calories per bar ....chocolate and ice cream cravings all taken care of.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I eat one piece of NUTELLA peanut butter wheat toast with banana slices on top, to get my chocolate fix. And its healthy for you too so it works :)
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    If I have any craving(salty, sweet, chocolate, what have you) I just go ahead and satisfy it. I just don't sit there and eat a bag of chips or a king sized candy bar. I work it into my allowance for the day. I really love Mr. Goodbar's. I'll break one in half and give one half to my husband. This way neither of us is eating a whole bar.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with eating chocolate again?
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I make freezer pops from chocolate flavored protein powder and a wee bit of peanut butter and unsweetened cocoa powder. mmmm
  • shellyt1
    shellyt1 Posts: 119
    Options
    I have found 100 cal packs of coco covered Almonds that are yummy! I did buy chocolate rice cakes the other day but haven't broke yet to eat them! Good luck and just taste and savor!
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Natural raw cacao is high in magnesium... and a little goes a long way.

I make a wonderful "chocolate pudding" that provides a boat-load of nutrition while tasting amazingly chocolately.

Raw Vegan Chocolate Pudding. Serves two.

1 smallish avocado
    2 bananas
    2 Tbls raw cacao powder
    2 Tbls raw carob powder
    1/4 cup agave nectar
    1/2 tsp vanilla

Throw all this in the food processor, and process/scrape/process until smooth. I've entered it here in the database as Rae's raw chocolate pudding, so you can log it!

Serve with apple slices.
  • xxcatyxx555
    xxcatyxx555 Posts: 184
    Options
    you'll always have cravings i suggest a teaspoon of Shoprite Hazelnut Spread (it has cocoa powder in it) and it gets rid of my chocolate cravings
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with eating chocolate again?
    Not a ___ thing.
  • indiebeats
    Options
    I feel your "pain" with chocolate cravings. I'm currently on Lent (even though not religious) and gave up chocolate as a test to see if I could and went completely cold turkey.

I get cravings and want to give in when I see it in the shops but I have a weird image of a dude dressed as Jesus chasing me with a sandal if I give in. I also don't want to let myself down.

So maybe think of it like that, a craving is just a brief moment, or maybe satisfy it with something else that's sweet, i.e. yoghurt, fruit or whatever else you may like :)
  • 911chell
    911chell Posts: 26
    Options
    Natural raw cacao is high in magnesium... and a little goes a long way.

I make a wonderful "chocolate pudding" that provides a boat-load of nutrition while tasting amazingly chocolately.

Raw Vegan Chocolate Pudding. Serves two.

1 smallish avocado
    2 bananas
    2 Tbls raw cacao powder
    2 Tbls raw carob powder
    1/4 cup agave nectar
    1/2 tsp vanilla

Throw all this in the food processor, and process/scrape/process until smooth. I've entered it here in the database as Rae's raw chocolate pudding, so you can log it!

Serve with apple slices.

That sounds Yummy I will have to try it
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I buy sugar free/fat free pudding cups and I take them out of the container put them in a bowl and I add cut up fresh strawberries and I top it with fat free cool whip!...It is a great treat to help curb my cravings! hope this helps :)