Trying..

Options
Hi! My name is Bobbie. I just started my lifestyle change (I hate the word diet) last week, and I am finding it hard to eat small meals/snacks ever 2-3 hours; it's A LOT of food. I was an "eat once" a day person and that destroyed my metabolism. So, I am hoping to be 150 by June...I am *gulp* *brave* 200lbs now. I am not finding it hard to resist things, I am finding it hard to eat so much. Any advice or suggestions are welcome.

My brother told me, as we were discussing metabolism: "The body is an intelligent machine. You have trained your body to wait for food until 5-6 in the evening, and now your body is like whoa, why I am being fed? After 2-3 weeks, you will see some loss. Don't give up." I love my brother.

Anyway, glad to be here and nice to meet you all.

Replies

• tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!:smile:
  • vmwmvb
    vmwmvb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey Bobbie.

I believe that your bro is right. If you stick with it your body will get used to the change. I used to not eat breakfast, have a really small lunch and a huge dinner...let's just say after 2 week my body wasn't fighting me about eating times anymore. I am sure you will manage to loose your weight though 50 lbs might be a bit much to lost in 16 weeks. (Health wise speaking...though I cant talk since I lost 11 in less than a month and 20 in total
  • babytis
    babytis Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Bobbie. I just started my lifestyle change (I hate the word diet) last week, and I am finding it hard to eat small meals/snacks ever 2-3 hours; it's A LOT of food. I was an "eat once" a day person and that destroyed my metabolism. So, I am hoping to be 150 by June...I am *gulp* *brave* 200lbs now. I am not finding it hard to resist things, I am finding it hard to eat so much. Any advice or suggestions are welcome.

My brother told me, as we were discussing metabolism: "The body is an intelligent machine. You have trained your body to wait for food until 5-6 in the evening, and now your body is like whoa, why I am being fed? After 2-3 weeks, you will see some loss. Don't give up." I love my brother.

Anyway, glad to be here and nice to meet you all.

KUDOS to your brother!!! Sounds like he knows a thing or two:)
  • bobbiejhatfield
    Options
    Hey thanks! I just saw I had replies. I have lost 9 so far. If I can get down to 160 by June I will be a happy camper. I am now walking/running 5 miles a day and the eating has gotten better. Thanks for your kind words and good luck to you too!
  • bobbiejhatfield
    Options
    I just saw I had replies! Thanks so much for your advice and kind words. If I can get to 160 by June I will be a happy camper and then maybe by August or September I can be 150..maybe less. :)
  • bobbiejhatfield
    Options
    Thanks! Nice to meet you!
  • scaramoushe
    Options
    Hi Nice to meet you! Good luck!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    You do not HAVE to eat every 2-3 hours. Millions of healthy, fit people do not eat every 2-3 hours. If that is something that works for you, then that's great. If it doesn't, then find something that does! I suggest you do try to eat more often, but if you start out by eating twice a day instead of once, then that's what you do! Then add a third and maybe fourth meal as time goes on. Maybe you never eat more often than that. You do, to some extent, need to let your body guide you. I mean, don't listen to the crazy stuff like "eat that doughnut NOW" :), but if you listen beyond that, it will tell you what is right for you.

Best of luck!!
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with all your goals. :smile: