Older folks losing weight!!

Options
I'm 63 and need to shed about 15-20 pounds. I had always been very thin so this is a real jolt to my system! I have never dieted. This looked like a pretty good place to start!

Replies

• Torkelle
    Torkelle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is a GREAT place to start. It is all about the calories in, and calories out.
    Welcome, and good luck!
  • siouxzyg
    siouxzyg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Diane, I'm Suzanne and have also put on weight as I've got older - I blame the menopause :) 5 days into this plan - Feel free to add me as I'm looking for all the support I can can get!
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderful place to start - lots of good people, good ideas and most of all, lots of people who are in the same place you are who encourage, advise and just generally keep you going.
  • spivens
    spivens Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, Diane - I'm with you! I just turned 59 and need to lose 20-25 pounds. I ate anything I wanted - and as much as I wanted - and couldn't gain ANY weight most of my life, so needing to lose pounds has been an attitude adjustment! My daughter gave me a FitBit for my birthday, and it is helping to keep me on track.
    Hang in there ~ we can DO this!
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your goals. If you need support,please feel free to send me a friend request. Thanks

Larry
  • garyolson43
    garyolson43 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Diane, My name is Gary and I am 54 years old and myfitnesspal.com is the best place to start losing weight. I have lost 117 lbs. I still have more to lose but I have never been this positive that I'll reach my goal. The key to success is to log in everyday and be truthful about the food you eat. Good luck and if you need a supportive friend feel free to add me.
  • clbelles
    clbelles Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm am 61 and joined last month because I too am having trouble losing weight on my own. So far I've lost 3 lbs and hope to lose another 21 more.
  • migoi357
    migoi357 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    This is an excellent place to start. Good luck on getting to where you want to be...:happy:
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hello! :flowerforyou: I'm 67 years Old. I'm often post on the Seniors Golden Sneakers forum. It's my favorite forum here.

Nina
  • wannabe2
    wannabe2 Posts: 3
    Options
    I just signed up and am starting in the morning. I've spent the last couple of hours looking through all the posts, reading the supportive comments between everyone. I'd love to have a few friends to help navigate through all this.
  • dlock45
    dlock45 Posts: 7
    Options
    I am 54 and just started. I have at least 30 lbs. to lose so I can use support also.
  • 62karen
    62karen Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I too just started. This site is really helpful. Just make sure you log everything you eat and drink.Excersise too! If you would like, please add me as a friend. We could support one another. Good luck!