chocolate cravings agghh help

Options
124»

Replies

• 911chell
    911chell Posts: 26
    Options
    I feel your "pain" with chocolate cravings. I'm currently on Lent (even though not religious) and gave up chocolate as a test to see if I could and went completely cold turkey.

I get cravings and want to give in when I see it in the shops but I have a weird image of a dude dressed as Jesus chasing me with a sandal if I give in. I also don't want to let myself down.

So maybe think of it like that, a craving is just a brief moment, or maybe satisfy it with something else that's sweet, i.e. yoghurt, fruit or whatever else you may like :)

Yeah tried that and it was a disaster !!! I ate more chocolate ...
  • 911chell
    911chell Posts: 26
    Options
    Whats wrong with eating chocolate again?

Yeah absolutly nothing , but my problem is i eat to much of it .... its sooooooogooooooooooood
  • carlypreiss
    Options
    Swiss Miss diet hot chocolate!
  • marx4
    marx4 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I just discovered Nonni's biscotti. It satisfies the cookie/baked good craving that I get inaddition to the chocolate craving. The flavor that I get is "Decadence", which has 100 calories, individually wrapped and is "dark chocolate almond discotti dipped in a bittersweet chocolate". It takes more time to eat it than just one swallow and it's great tasting. Very satisfying and is all natural. Enjoy!!!!
  • ReneeOfTheFae
    Options
    I have massive issues with only having a little chocolate. Once I have a piece (not matter how dark, unless it's completely unsweetened), I eat the whole bar. One thing, though, that I was able to do this week was a high-calorie, but very satisfying snack involving chocolate. Slice up an apple. Portion out a serving of peanut butter (or any nut butter, but the more natural, the better!). Portion out a serving of dark chocolate chips. Dip the apple slices into the peanut butter, then the chips. Delish!! Like I said, high in cals, but it gives you a serving of fruit, a good bit of protein and healthy fats and totally curbs the chocolate craving. Another great thing? Once you're done, you've filled up on fiber, too, so you're not going to be reaching for anything else. Love it!!! *^_^*
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Try a single square of dark chocolate (at least 70%) – not only is it good for you, but I've found that it helps with cravings. A handful of nuts or some fresh fruit might also be in order.

If it's just the chocolate-y taste that you want, try adding some unsweetened cocoa powder to vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt and putting it in the freezer for a few hours. (You can also experiment with other flavors of yogurt, add cinnamon or vanilla or other spices, or add chunks of chopped fruit or nuts).
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I eat the 3-2-1 cake when I want chocolate and throw in 5 semisweet choc. morsels after it comes out of the microwave. That is about 130 calories, but it does the trick. Look in the recipe section on this site for more info.
  • robokoala
    Options
    Try to make yourself a really large chocolate protein shake. Go to your local nutritional store or wal mart and pick up something.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    If anything. Buy dark, organic chocolate. Only eat a small square and just let it melt on your tongue. That way you're getting your choco fix and then have hubby hide the rest so that you don't go hunting for it ;)
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I did not read through all 3 pages so I am sorry if this has already been posted.

The Fiber One 90 calorie brownies are amazing and the 100 calorie weight watcher or healthy choice chocolate ice cream bars are incredible! I have one every night. I refuse to live a life with out chocolate!
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I know this is prob not the advice your looking for but it worked for me :) I cut chocolate completely out of my diet I was craving it for about 2 weeks then I stopped craving it all together, That was last year :) ... Now I cant even eat a whole chocolate bar I find it too sweet and it catches the back of my throat :-/ .... I used to be a chocoholic lol ... Good luck with it ... its a toughy :)
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Natural raw cacao is high in magnesium... and a little goes a long way.

I make a wonderful "chocolate pudding" that provides a boat-load of nutrition while tasting amazingly chocolately.

Raw Vegan Chocolate Pudding. Serves two.

1 smallish avocado
    2 bananas
    2 Tbls raw cacao powder
    2 Tbls raw carob powder
    1/4 cup agave nectar
    1/2 tsp vanilla

Throw all this in the food processor, and process/scrape/process until smooth. I've entered it here in the database as Rae's raw chocolate pudding, so you can log it!

Serve with apple slices.

I'm not trying to be or sound rude, but WOW! That has more calories and more fat than a snickers bar!!! I'd rather have the snickers at that "price". Sorry
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I used to want chocolate a lot. I made the decision to stop having a little everyday as that's what I was doing. It was hard, but now I've found the less I have, the less I want it. Might crave it once a month now, which is amazing considering I used to wish my day away waiting for it at the end of the day. Maybe its worth a try? X
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Natural raw cacao is high in magnesium... and a little goes a long way.

I make a wonderful "chocolate pudding" that provides a boat-load of nutrition while tasting amazingly chocolately.

Raw Vegan Chocolate Pudding. Serves two.

1 smallish avocado
    2 bananas
    2 Tbls raw cacao powder
    2 Tbls raw carob powder
    1/4 cup agave nectar
    1/2 tsp vanilla

Throw all this in the food processor, and process/scrape/process until smooth. I've entered it here in the database as Rae's raw chocolate pudding, so you can log it!

Serve with apple slices.

That sounds Yummy I will have to try it

Really want to try this also! Hesrd about it, and I'd rather have it than a snickers.,, seen it with a pecan and date base. Yummy x
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    i have read that chocolate cravings are an indication that you need magnesium, and you should eat some raw almonds. A really good combination would be a small square or two of dark chocolate, which has antioxidants, and a handful of raw almonds - could satisfy the sweet tooth and the craving in a somewhat healthy fashion!

I started with magnesium tablets after reading similar a while ago.

I still have stupid cravings!!