Dr. Says I must lose no less than 20 pounds asap heathily.

Options
I am a fan of Weight Watcher. I have lost 30 pounds. But over the past 2 years have just fluctuated up and down but overall maintaining the 30 pound loss. A recent health issue brought me to a new doctor, who after a test, said you MUST lose weight. NO less than 20 pounds as soon as you can as healthy as you can. So I am trying this my fitness pal out in conjuction with my WW. I have only been doing it for 4 days and can already see it is going to be very enlightening and helpful.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• 139pilotwife
    139pilotwife Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to send me a friend request if you want some added support along your journey. Just lost my first 20 pound-took me about 2 months.
  • melissabaillie
    Options
    i also had been doing ww. i was 212 and now i am 163....it does work, but i am plateauing. i just joined y fitness pal as i am going to start counting caloires instead. i get 1460 cal a day to lose a pound a week. wish me luck
    melissa
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your goals. Add me as a friend,if you like. :smile:
  • melissabaillie
    Options
    hello...just joined today........need some encouragement
    :wink:
  • kballard66
    Options
    Hi,

I'm in the same boat as you. I need to lose 30 lbs because of high blood sugar. I too am using WW along with MFP. I don't like fad diets which is why I chose WW and MFP. I hate feeling deprived of foods. Feel free to add me. Kim
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    we are glad to have you! it really has been helpful to me so far so hopefully it works for you too :)
  • slimlady2012
    Options
    On the 7 of March, I found out I am borderline diabetic. I always dreaded going to get my labs done, I knew one day I would hear this, and low and behold, I did. I knew all along that I should be watching what I ate and exercised more. Now my calorie intake should be around 1420 (for the day, which is not a lot at all) and I have stayed within that for ....... I should say since March 7, that is the day I started to take the program serious. I am encouraged that I can do this with of course prayer and friends online already doing and being successful and the program.
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    Hello and welcome. Feel free to add me. I want to lose 20 by my wedding in june
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Awesome and wtg on changing your lifestyle for better health! I'm not sure about the asap thing and I don't think your Dr. should have said that. It's not possible to lose weight 'asap' and be healthy about it! Like they say, slow and steady wins the race. If you're like me, you didn't gain it all at once!
    Add me as a friend if you'd like and I'll try my best to inspire you. I've lost 15lbs just by logging my calorie intake and walking (almost) daily! That is since Jan 12, but, I still have 30 to go and I know I'll make it.
    Good luck to you! You'll do fine. :)
    Edit: I was able to drop one blood pressure medication and I am no longer considered pre-diabetic just after losing the first 12 pounds! Changes can happen rather quickly and definately faster than I thought it would!