Just started on my path to becoming beautiful

Options
Hi there!

I am Ophelia, a 23 years old nanny. I came to the US about one year ago, and I am going back home to Norway in four months.
I really, really want to come home as a better version of myself than I was when I left - that has been my goal since I decided to come over here. I am not sure what happend, but somehow I ended up gaining weight instead of losing it. The worst part is that I never even realized it until I took some full figure pics of myself wearing a bikini the other day. I was SHOCKED when I saw what I looked like.
I have never really been a big girl, and when I was younger I normally ate as much as my dad (who is a tall and muscular man), and I still was one of the skinniest girls in our group of friends. I danced for about 10 years, and that is probably it when it comes to former exercising...
Just signed up for a membership at 24 Hour Fitness yesterday, and had my first visit there today. Felt like an idiot being the only one there not having any clue what I was doing! Signed up to meet with a personal trainer tomorrow, hopefully that will give me some direction.
I am really just trying to do this the right way, with healty food and the right amount of exercising. I had a bit of a problem with throwing up all of my food for a few months some years ago, and I am so NOT ending up there again.

So yeah, that is me! I just really hope that I will stick to this and I might need a ton of encouragement to get through this!
Oh and yeah, I should probably apologize before I start posting a lot of posts here; I am not a native English speaker and I am very well aware of the fact that my English skills are not as good as they should be. :)

Replies

• Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your goals. Add me as a friend,if you like. :smile:
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I don't know you, I' can't see you but I'm willing to bet you're already beautiful. Being rail thin does not define beauty. You can do this! I got your back if you want to add me.
  • OpheliasPath
    Options
    Thanks guys!
    Believe me, arronlock, I am not going for rail thin. The money I just spent at 24 Hour Fitness would in that case be a waste, I could just go back to throwing up. :P No but really, thanks!
  • amy4586
    amy4586 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I don't know you, I' can't see you but I'm willing to bet you're already beautiful. Being rail thin does not define beauty. You can do this! I got your back if you want to add me.

100% agree!
  • OpheliasPath
    Options

100% agree!

Oh gosh, looks like I wasn't very clear here... Sorry! I can assure you that that is NOT what I am going for.
    I am not "fat", and I know that. However, I am ... everything but fit. I look good as long as I have my clothes on, but as soon as I take them of it is all hanging there. I just really need to get some muscles instead of fat, and being fit is my goal! :)