Confused

Options
Two months ago-ish, I started getting healthier and working out. I was 127ish, and my height is 5'2.
I started with 30 days shred, and I was eating 1200 calories (I was eating back my exercise calories). I took an hour walk every day, and added various exercise (30 mins ~ 1 hour).

Then, when I was done with 30 days shred, I started Ripped in 30. And shred with weights. Then I added, killer buns and thighs, and her kickboxing video. Plus, I still take an hour walk, and do some other exercise all day (and I'm often on my feet).
My daily calories intake is 1300, and I eat most of my exercise calories. (Sometimes, I'm just not hungry).

After all this, I lost like 10ish pounds, but... no inches. Not on my stomach, arms, thigh, calf... nothing. It's all the same. I mean, I took pictures of my stomach, and I see a difference (and I'm really harsh on myself, so for me to see it... it's there... I can always post them...). And yet, nothing. No inches difference. Not even half of half of an inch. Nothing.

I also take Peppermint oil capsules, vitamins and flax seed oil capsules.

I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong? Why would this happen? Is there something I should do that I'm not doing?

Replies

• ChelleDT
    ChelleDT Posts: 23
    Options
    127 to 117 is a good % change..

I just wonder, if on your small body frame, that muscle has replaced fat, as far as inches.
    ie: your thigh might be the same circumfrence from 60 days ago, but its mostly muscle now & not fatty tissue?

Sounds like a very intense work out schedule.

Do you do any stretching/ palates type excersizes to lengthen the muscles? (not just make them stronger)?

Note- take my words with a grain of salt. I'm VERY new here & I don't really work out at all yet. Just starting to try to get healthy.
    I realize you are wanting more advice from people who have been where you are now. i'm just thinking that the muscle is replacing fat as far as measurements are going.
  • MissyLibra
    MissyLibra Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That is actually another thing that confuses me. I can FEEL muscles. It's not longer just fat, it feels like muscles. But I've measured every day, that's why I didn't think like the muscle would replace the fat.

I tried to make an intense work out schedule to get results. Ahah, didn't quite work out now did it? ahah.

I do. I stretch before and after each set of work out I do.

No, not at all, thank you for your input. I really didn't think it might be muscles replacing fat. I mean, my body fat % did go down. Hence why I am even more confused!