A little running NSV.. :)

Options
I ran 2 miles yesterday. In a road race. And only stopped to (briskly!) walk once. Finished with a chip time of 24:16 and 866/1209 overall (so I didn't come in last!!) - I ran a 12:08 mile for 2 miles! It's not much, but it's a giant leap for Stacy-kind, and something that I never imagined I could possibly do. Next stop is a 5K, but this was a huge hurdle to show me that it is possible. ANYTHING is possible when you set your mind to it!

stacyrunning.jpg

15264489.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• sassika
    sassika Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Congratulation on your achivement x
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Love your mindset. I run, but just by myself - maybe I should think about trying something like this to see how welI could do. Never been much for crowds, though...
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    WOOT WOOT!!! awesome NSV!!
  • nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    wow that gr8 keep up the gr8 work :smile:
  • Shelley18904
    Shelley18904 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well done, that's a great achievement!
  • StacyX582
    StacyX582 Posts: 30
    Options
    Thank you! I was just looking at the race pics to see if there was a picture of me running, but there's just one of my shoulder next to my friend who ran with me :(

I did the C25K program, finished it, and have just had this belief that I couldn't actually do a timed road race. Found the shortest one, and so glad I did it! I don't like crowds either - crowd thinned out within the first 1/4 mile and it was easier...there were a LOT more people walking than I had expected! Somehow I always pictured a race as being tons of skinny long-time runners who would all be done and watching me plod across the finish line last. It was nice that that wasn't the case :)
  • tsegears
    tsegears Posts: 94
    Options
    Congratulations on your achievement. I completed my first 5K last summer and was so proud of myself. Like you, I thought that I would be the last thing crossing the finish line, but far from it. Now, I'm practicing for a 8K. I'm up to running 3-4 miles without stopping, but I'm a little winded. Once I get my breathing under control, I believe I will do fine.

Keep up the good work!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]13107194.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Help4nb
    Help4nb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    well done to you !! im going to use you as my inspiration starting to c25k tomorrow! hope i can do it too!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!