Hello! Brand New and Excited!

Options
jaireed
jaireed Posts: 333 Member
:flowerforyou: Hi! I have been doing MFP for a week now. I love the support here and reading the success stories! I knew I needed to do something drastically different when I could no longer fit into anything in my closet! I am 5’6” and 168 pounds. I was married to the love of my life last June and since then I put on almost 30 pounds in less than a year! I chalked it up to being “fat and happy,” but I realized, although I was extremely happy with my life, I really was not happy with my weight.
So I am embarking on a new journey to lose weight. I am someone who needs to make a drastic change in order to stick with a diet, so since last Monday I have been eating cabbage soup and fruits and veggies every day. Wait I know what you’re thinking, yuck! but I found a delicious recipe and LOVE the soup. I also cut back a LOT on drinking! I had no idea how many calories I was consuming. I also started working out every day.
I am looking to add lean protein back into my diet tomorrow. I don’t want to gain any weight back. I know that people usually lose the weight they lost on the cabbage soup diet back, and I don’t want to. Does anyone have a good healthy next step diet that will help me continue to lose weight? I am looking for low-fat protein and veggies and fruits. I am looking for some new friends that I can give and recieve support. Have a great day!

Replies

• good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    slow and steady wins the race. It sounds like you are starting off on the right track, good luck and feel free to add me as a friend if you need support. You can read my profile to find out more about me. My name is Norman.
  • OpheliasPath
    Options
    Oh gosh, the drinking calories... I am big on that one. I keep telling myself that it is totally ok to drink a few times a week, after all I am only 23 years old and that is what I am supposed to do! I just started my lifestyle change by having a no alcohol-week. Haha. :)
    Good luck with your diet! I have never even heard about the cabbage soup diet, I am completely lost when it comes to the different diets. So I am sorry that I can not help you there. :)