New Beginner

Options
Hello, my name is Kel. I am a mother of 2 young children who turned 3 and 1 last week (they are 2 years and 2 days apart!) I weighed my self at the beginning of March while checking out my friend's new Wii and was surprised that I weighed 169lbs. Also, disappointed when my friend's young son said "Look mom, shes fat" when I made my Wii character! haha. :laugh: The next day I commited to a diet and exercise and lost 10lbs in 6 weeks. Then, I started college courses and had to drive over 200 miles a week to get there and was still working part time! :drinker: I gained back 4lbs and I am recommitting to get to my goal weight of 145lbs. I am working part time (2 and a half days a week) and the rest of my time is spent taking care of my children. I told myself it would be soo much easier to lose weight since I would be home most of the time. In fact, it has been harder because I have more time to eat, think about eating, and basically sit & watch tv or on the computer! Anyhow I am giving myself 6 weeks to lose 10 lbs to begin my goal, so hopefully this website will be helpful.
249194.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• michele73
    michele73 Posts: 102
    Options
    OMG! my son said the same thing to me about the wii fit. it totally got him starting on me. He started to make fun of my wii character and it made him become aware of my body more when he never had paid much attention before. Since I have been dieting he watches what I eat and asks me about calories and is making sure I am on track. He is only 8. I need to be a good example. This is all what motivated me to finally just do it already.
    Good for you for joining this site. It's so great. Best of luck to you!

Michele:drinker:
  • Nightdust
    Nightdust Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Nothing like having your own little coach to help you along the way. Good job to both of you for making the decision to become healthier!
  • ssvoboda2
    ssvoboda2 Posts: 14
    Options
    Kel--I have two children about the same age, one will be 3 in Sept and the other is 13 months...they are 21 months apart. I feel your pain. I am not in school but I do work full-time outside the home (and then have tons to do every night around the house) and have somewhat of a commute.
    I decided with the kids being a little older it was time to take care of ME a little! Good luck on your journey:smile: