30 Day Shred~ Anyone up for it?

Options
I started Jillian's 30 day shred yesterday and am going to try my hardest to do the complete 30 days! I am at a small plataue and need to 'shred' my last 10 pounds or so. Anyone else doing this workout video? Any results from people that have completed this?? Any info/comments greatly appreciated! Good luck to us all!

Replies

• Luludog1
    Luludog1 Posts: 119
    Options
    I started the shred on Sunday...Great work out. I check back in with ya in 30days....good luck.
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I did it 3 days last week and lost 2 lbs, but then I went camping over the weekend and gained both pounds back. :grumble: I have been looking for motivation to get back to it!
  • sibetsimo
    sibetsimo Posts: 39
    Options
    I started it yesterday too. It's awesome!!
  • destinyisyours
    Options
    Cool! The more motivation, the better! Hopefully this will really help me to 'stick' to it!
  • rflores10
    rflores10 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just started it today actually. It is a pretty good workout, can't wait to see the results. I am going to do it every day, so we will see what happens.
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join, however after the first day I did it (Wednesday of last week) I couldn't really walk for 3 days!!! Those squats and "butt kicks" really did me in! hahah. I'll try to get it done at least 3 times a week, so it'll take me longer than 30 days, but I'll be incorporating the gym as well (I hope!).

Good luck everyone! :drinker:
  • destinyisyours
    Options
    mamaof2girls:
    2 lbs in a week is a great starting point, even if you gained it back :wink: Lol. I do the same thing. But, hey, at least we know it's possible..
  • destinyisyours
    Options
    Opera_Bound: Yeah, I say I want to do it everyday for 30 days, but it's probably not that 'realistic'. I really need at least one day off a week.. Probably Sundays. Lol, last day of the week. That's what I'm aiming for anyway! We'll see how it goes.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    my plan is to 're-start' the shred - tonight! started a boot camp yesterday and i need to keep the momentum! :drinker:
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    i would love to re-start it. :happy:

i did it for about a week and got to level 2. obviously i'll have to start at level 1 again :grumble: but i'm TIRED of the treadmill and elliptical every day after work.

i bought the dang DVD, why not do it, and keep track of this thread? :drinker:
  • Mylife54
    Mylife54 Posts: 7
    Options
    Is this the one that is on the Comcast on Demand? Lots of jumping jacks. Combines, cardio, strenth, and abs. If so I started it yesterday as well. I have done it before. It is really good!!
  • nightmistresskittie
    Options
    I started it Saturday, pretty awesome. My husband did it with me(one time) and hasn't stopped complaining about his legs hurting lol.
  • cowsaysmoo
    cowsaysmoo Posts: 15
    Options
    I started on July 7th. It has taken me 13 days to do the 10 days of level 1 (due to travel and a couple of different rest days).
    I haven't noticed a huge weight loss, but I have lost a couple of inches. My favorite part, though, is my boyfriend can't stop complimenting me on how my legs look. Really, every time I walk by him he has to reach out and touch my legs. Plus, my shorts are fitting much better around the thighs.
    I have been doing mass amounts of cardio (walking/jogging daily), but adding the 30-Day Shred is really helping me to tone up. And I love that from start to finish I am done in under 30 mins. My 2 year old daughter doesn't give me much more time than that.
    I am starting day 1 of level 2 right now. I will let you know how it goes.
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    do you buy these dvds?? I really want to do it!!
  • destinyisyours
    Options
    Mylife54~ I have it on Brighthouse On Demand, so yes, it's probably the same one.
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I have comcast on demand..I'm gonna do it! Starting tonite (time permitting, swamped with homework)!!!:blushing: :blushing:
  • destinyisyours
    Options
    Nikki143: Yep, you buy the video. I heard Target has it on sale right now. Or if you have on demand, they normally have it there it's on my 'free on demand list with brighthouse

cowsaysmoo: The time of it is PERFECT for me too. I have an 18 month old, so I'm lucky if I get 30 mins to do it! I always aim to do it during naptime. Keep us posted on how your doing! I heard lvl 2 is tough. Let us know how it goes.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I started Jillian's 30 day shred yesterday and am going to try my hardest to do the complete 30 days! I am at a small plataue and need to 'shred' my last 10 pounds or so. Anyone else doing this workout video? Any results from people that have completed this?? Any info/comments greatly appreciated! Good luck to us all!

Are there any accessories needed (such as weights)?
  • destinyisyours
    Options
    Mishy~ Just weights, I believe. I'm only on lvl 1 and all that I have used were 5lb weights.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Mishy~ Just weights, I believe. I'm only on lvl 1 and all that I have used were 5lb weights.

Cool, thanks. I'm going to give it a try. Checking now to see availability in stores because the library has a long wait list.