need help gaining muscle weight

Options
I am 5'7 35 male weight is 143 lbs I need to gain some healthy weight I workout three days a week I eat around 3000 a day I can't put on any weight?

Replies

• rajhara7
    rajhara7 Posts: 11
    Options
    Have your doctor test your testostrone levels, they may be out of wack.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 35 male weight is 143 lbs I need to gain some healthy weight I workout three days a week I eat around 3000 a day I can't put on any weight?

Increase your calorie intake another 10% for a week to 2 weeks. Repeat until you gain.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    How much protein are you consuming in that 3000 cal? (In terms of weight loss a calories is a calorie is a calorie but if you're trying to build muscle it's a different story)

Maybe if you gave more information as to what you're doing in your workouts some of the more weight lifting savvy members could point you in the right direction.

(BTW - I wish I had your problem!)
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Research has shown that 65% of our weight is determined by genetics, 35% is determined by us. So if you could potentially increase your bodyweight by 35%. That being said, start off with 3000 calories, and if you don't see weight gain in 6 weeks, bump it up.

That being said, you need to be strength training or you'll just get fat. I recommend Stonglifts 5x5 due to the fact that it starts you off with the bar only and you'll progress to maximize your strength. Now with a caloric excess, high in protein, coupled with a good strength training program, you should gain mostly muscle weight.