Miso Soup?

Options
I am looking for a good Miso soup recipe. I have Googled a ton of them but thought I would check out what you guys think. I really like the kind I find in restaurants (white miso I believe) but have never made it for myself. Any suggestions and recipes would be a huge help :)

Replies

• studentUK
    studentUK Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Big Miso soup fan here too!

Well it's easy once you have the ingredients, but it is fairly hard to get them in the first place:

-vegetable stock - to make about 800ml of soup
    -2 tbsp white or red miso paste
    -1 tbsp mirin - rice wine
    -1 tbsp soy sauce
    -spring onions
    You can add tofu/fish and other veg too

If there are Japanese sections in your supermarkets then look there for miso soup, over in the UK we have some good pre-made ones such as Clearspring Miso Soup sachets (30 cals)

Hope that helps!
  • xokatelynmariexo
    xokatelynmariexo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just got this recipe from a japanese restaurant yesterday. its really yummy. half chicken broth- half beef broth. green onions (tops only) and thinly sliced button mushrooms, and then they add french fried onions right before serving. super easy
    I plan on making it soon ( i will be using low sodium broth and adding tofu)

enjoy
  • sassika
    sassika Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bumpxx
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a good Miso soup recipe. I have Googled a ton of them but thought I would check out what you guys think. I really like the kind I find in restaurants (white miso I believe) but have never made it for myself. Any suggestions and recipes would be a huge help :)

I have made it before.. just experimenting in different ways.
    I use VEG or mushroom based broth.
    I use ****ake mushrooms and white ones.
    I use firm Tofu.
    And white miso.
    A little spinach and/or green onion added at the end.
    Miso is pretty salty to me so I don't add soy or any other sauce.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    if you have an asian store or section they have them in ready to mix with hot water packets... seaweed and such already dehydrated in the packet!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    The book 'CLEAN' has a GREAT Miso soup recipe that I have made several ways. Personally, I found a Barley Miso Soup is what really tickled my fancy. I'll try to see if I cant get the web address I used for you.
  • RNmomto4
    RNmomto4 Posts: 143
    Options
    bump