What shall I do? how to help sore muscles

Options
After hiking all day yesterday I am very sore!

I want to do some exercise but am unsure what exercise would be easy on my sore legs.

Also does anyone have any tips on easing soreness after exercise?

Replies

• anasf139
    anasf139 Posts: 101
    Options
    Stretch stretch and stretch some more! Lol! This is one of the best thing for me!
  • jamfan
    jamfan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I Know you likely wont want to but I walk when my legs are sore after a workout. Just keeping them moving keeps them loose. When I stop they have more of a tendency to cramp up.
  • LessJos
    LessJos Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I find that working out is the cure to sore muscles!
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Ensure you eat protein on the day you do hard exercise like that. But we all get sore, even some of my friends on here who are machines!!
  • layge
    layge Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks guys!

Trying the exercise bike and seems to be doing my muscles some good!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Stretch before and after! And advil :)
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Nice, light stretching and slam the protein to you! Also, if the soreness is mostly on your legs, do a light upper body workout such as bench press, or dumbell curls etcetera. If worse comes to worse, take a rest day! You deserve it!
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    From my excercise bike, to my 5lb weights I use. When I wake up it feels like a truck ran over me. A nice long, hot shower or (if you have the time) a nice long steaming hot bath. Within the week it will start to feel better your body is like "wtf is going on?" it just takes some getting use too. Where both in the same boat, good luck!!!
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I love to roll my legs on a foam roller I Picked up at Wal-Mart for $14. Helps get out all of those sore knots.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-18-Foam-Roller/12177345
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Stretch and walk or stretch and bike, did I mention stretch?
  • Dzuniga87
    Dzuniga87 Posts: 16
    Options
    lots of stretching and Advil. I also soak in a hot bath which helps relax them a bit. other than that just keep moving and wait it out- it will pass!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Definitely do some good stretching. Really helps x
  • lawrenceraybon
    lawrenceraybon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Two things that really help me are d-ribose and tonic water. I take d-ribose before and/or after running/working out and I rarely have sore muscles. I'm one of those people that throw themselves into things too much and before I found d-ribose I would be sore after every workout. Which brings me to tonic water. Tonic water is an old football remedy my dad taught me, the quinine in tonic water (the stuff that makes it taste bad) is a muscle relaxer and helps with sore muscles. That's my two sense, but I would also recommend stretching before and after (I just used to get sore if I stretched or not thus the other remedies). Have a great day!