Has anyone made chicken patties (ground chicken)?

Options
I got some ground chicken yesterday. I was thinking I could try something different. Hate it when I feel like I make the same foods day in and day out.

Now we are eating healthier.... and it seems like now am really always eating the same foods.
Does anyone know... Can I just make them into patties and throw them on the grill like a regular burger?

Replies

• cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    yes you can, I do it with ground turkey all the time. I sometimes add onion, soy sauce, or other spices to flavor it, so experiment and have fun
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I've never made Chicken Burgers from ground chicken. I'm not sure if the ground chicken will stick together on it's own, but if with my Chicken Breast Burgers, I use Egg Yolks to make them sticky then I cover them in Jacob's Crackers (crushed into powder), herb it up, spray the baking tray and let it cook.

So try using Egg Yolk or a Whole Egg to stick the ground chicken together and you can use Flour I think, that's what my dad used to use when he made Beef Burgers.
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I do it with turkey all the time. I add panko and egg white which makes them stick together and also keep them moist.
  • Lauraph
    Lauraph Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I make chicken and turkey patties all the time. They are quick and filling meal. One of my favorite recipes came from Rachel Ray - CHICKEN OR TURKEY SPANAKOPITA BURGERS AND FRIES WITH YOGURT DIP

http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=155
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I love ground chicken burgers. I think they have much more flavor than ground turkey. I usually just put salt and pepper, and sometimes a little montreal chicken seasoning or season salt. I grill, saute, or bake. Very good!!
  • NicolePorter76
    NicolePorter76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know these aren't patties but it is really good! You can sub feta for blue cheese if you don't like it.

Biggest Loser's Buffalo Chicken-Blue Cheese Meatloaf

Nutrition Info
    Calories: 297.7
    Fat: 13.0g
    Carbohydrates: 15.7g
    Protein: 28.6g
    Ingredients

Olive Oil Spray
    2/3 cup Old-Fashioned Oats
    1/2 cup Fat Free Milk
    2 1/2 tbsp Buffalo Wing Sauce (or more to taste)
    1 pound ground Chicken or Turkey
    1/2 cup Finely Chopped Celery
    1/4 cup Shredded Carrots
    1/4 cup Finely Chopped Sweet Onions
    2 lg Egg Whites (lightly beaten)
    1/4 tsp salt
    2 oz Crumbled reduced-fat Blue Cheese
    Directions

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees

Lightly mist 9x5 loaf pan with Olive Oil Spray

Combine Oats and milk in medium mixing bowl and stir to mix. Let stand for 3 minutes, or until the oats begin to soften.

Stir in the wing sauce until well mixed.

Add the chicken, celery, carrot, onion, egg whites and salt. With fork or clean hands, mix the ingredients well.

Add the blue cheese and gently mix to combine.

Transfer mixture to prepared pan and spread so that the top is flat. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through and no longer pink.

Cut into 8 slices and serve immediately.

Makes 4 Servings

Number of Servings: 4
  • Annette8479
    Annette8479 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I don't cook. =( But my mom doesn't eat beef or pork, so SHE makes ground chicken and turkey patties quite a bit and they are fantastic! Beef and/or pork can always be somehow replaced with turkey or chicken and very often taste better!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I got some ground chicken yesterday. I was thinking I could try something different. Hate it when I feel like I make the same foods day in and day out.

Now we are eating healthier.... and it seems like now am really always eating the same foods.
    Does anyone know... Can I just make them into patties and throw them on the grill like a regular burger?

Sure, you can honestly substitute any ground meat for any other ground meat. Ground beef, pork, turkey, chicken, you can pretty much substitute all of them for each other and make anything you want with them.