Food Scales

Options
I started my journey last week and one of the things I have noticed is proper proportions aren't what I thought they were. I've started measuring things like rice and veggies but don't really have a way to measure proper meat proportions. I was thinking of getting an inexpensive food scale. Does anyone have one, how well do they work, and does anyone know about how much they cost or were to get a cheap one?

Replies

• tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I got one at Macy's in the housewares/kitchen dept. It was about $30. It measures in metric or English and works great.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I got a basic one at Bed Bath and Beyond for $6. It works great for such things.
  • shaleah77
    shaleah77 Posts: 89
    Options
    I too wanted to be most accurate in portions and calorie counting. I just bought a food scale at Walmart this Tuesday. It's a piece of $#@! I am going to take it back and go elsewhere! Just wanted to reply so you didn't make the same mistake :happy:
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    . It measures in metric or English and works great.

metric or english i love it. we are stuck in the dark ages ha ha
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    hi,if you are serious about weight loss you really need a food scale ,and measuring cups,i weigh and measure everything.and cuz i do i only have 12lbs to go,and i'm at my goal weight.
  • KatieLynn82
    KatieLynn82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I happened along one at a thrift store.... I don't have a lot of extra cash right now and have been looking for a few things to help with my diet and was so excited to find it there! I paid 2 bucks. Works great too! :happy:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I bought mine at WalMart, it was $15 and it works Great, i use it many times a day as i weigh everything !! It is a "Taylor" and it weighs in grams and ounces and has a washable bowl.
  • queen3510
    queen3510 Posts: 180
    Options
    I bought mine at WalMart, it was $15 and it works Great, i use it many times a day as i weigh everything !! It is a "Taylor" and it weighs in grams and ounces and has a washable bowl.

I have the same one and love it. I'm actually considering purchasing another one to keep at work (for when I eat stuff that's not on my plan). Sometimes my co-worker brings me lunch from home and I need to weigh out portions. I have measuring cups both at home and work. Excellent way to stay on top of portions. My "guesstimator" is off 9 x's out of 10. :laugh:
  • shaleah77
    shaleah77 Posts: 89
    Options
    My stupid local Walmart only had 2 kinds and that wasn't one of them :grumble:
  • bwilton77
    bwilton77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I did check walmart but the only good one looked like it was 30 so I'm going to make a trip to the local mall and see if bed bath and beyond or one of the kitchen supply stores there has anything a little more reasonably priced that will work just as good. In the mean time I have my abundance of measuring cups and measuring spoons to help me.:smooched:
  • Flyright
    Flyright Posts: 36
    Options
    eat smart precision pro digital

works great , about 20, free shipping amazon.

I thnk I bought it 3 months ago.

I'd recommend it!