1 Month in Europe- Photographers Help!

Options
GreatSetOfBrains
GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
Hey guys I'm goin to Europe twice this summer, for two weeksn in May and then again 2 weeks in August. Not only am I having the hardest time deciding what to bring and wear, I'm having the hardest time choosing what new lens I need to be photographing all the beauty! I have a Canon Rebel T3, help! What would you recommend???

Replies

• Acherona
    Acherona Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Depends on your budget, what you already have and what you want to shoot. My standard kit is a 17-55mm, 28-135mm macro and 75-300mm, plus a 2x convertor. Use the 28-135mm as a carry lens and switch to others when needed. Remember the most important thing.. always carry more memory cards than you think you'll need! I have a Rebel XT (Canon 350d) and I have 3x 4gb, with a 1gb and 256mb as emergency backup spares. Plus a travel adaptor for your charger. Hope this helps, but anything else, just ask.
  • NikkiPsuedoDupuis
    NikkiPsuedoDupuis Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I generally bring my 55-250mm with me, get lots of versatility from it :)
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Firstly I'm totally jealous! Second as people have said it depends on your style, I took my Sigma 10-20 with me on my Canon rebel and in 1 week and 2400 shots I only took it off the camera once to get a close up.
  • hubkal
    hubkal Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    What xlilmizcuryvyx said!!

17-55mm, 28-135mm macro and 75-300mm. your kit should have come with a standard 17-55. Make sure you get the 75-300 for those great tours and things you can not get close enough to see well.

Compose your pictures from a different view than those that "everyone gets". from below from above! sunset, sunrise, bright mid day!
    COLOR COLOR COLOR!! get lots of it in, the doorways the way the buildings are built, stairways and benches. make sure to get locals in too! lovely!!! oh and the water too! have a great time and love it all! walk walk walk! never leave home without your camera! take your time to make the shots! get a "hood" also for the sunny days to keep the glare off your lens and a UV filter to not only tone it down but to protect your lens (these are pretty inexpensive)
  • MomDupuis
    MomDupuis Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Having a love for going to Portugal, I find I love my wide angle zoom: Sigma 18-50mm f/3.5-5.6 DC AF Wide Angle Zoom Lens
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Just got camera for Christmas so I'm retry empty handed for lenses. . Had a nikon years ago, love my canon. Just having tones of trouble figuring out what I want, birthday in May (that helps)