First NSV!

Options
I went grocery shopping tonight for this coming week. Usually when I go to the store I get all of the usual stuff, bread, eggs, milk, snacks for the week. Of course there was always the junk. The "it's Thursday so let's celebrate!" cake, the box of cookies at the request of my husband, chips with dip and all kinds of candy. I love candy. Tonight, I went to the store and didn't buy any junk. No last minute "I deserve it cause I'm tired" treats. I curbed my emotional shopping, compared nutritional panels, grabbed the healthiest of the products and stuck to my list. Oh I was tempted. I picked up a Marie Calender's fruit pie in the freezer section. Peach. My favorite. I checked out the nutrition facts and I read "This entire package is 789 calories." No thank you. I had 680 calories left for dinner and snack and if I ate that pie, I'd go over and I guarantee I'd be hungry in an hour!

Yay for me! Huge change from three weeks ago when I'd munch on a candy bar on the way home, eat my dinner, and sit down with chips and dip to watch t.v. Good things are happening.

Replies

• LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    dixie that is awesome!! it's a great feeling isn't it?
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you--you ROCK...period!

A lot of people will tell you it's not necessary to so-called "deny yourself" but I believe that it took a lot of courage and power to say NO sometimes. You go girl--do this THANG!!!!
  • Sagelit
    Sagelit Posts: 78
    Options
    Fantastic work! You've overcome the first hurdle. Keep it up!
  • Stiang
    Stiang Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Woot Woot! (I wish I knew how to do a fist bump on computer...)
  • NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    That's great! Grocery shopping basically asks you the question "How serious are you about this? How are you going to do this week?" and you gave the right answer. Congratulations! :)
  • geekymom57
    geekymom57 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Great job! And it will become a habit in all aspects of your life. I used to think that if someone brought something in to work (esp. a homemade item) I *had* to have some, esp. if it was one of my staff. Now I often forego treats people bring in, or try a small piece and may or may not even finish that. (It's amazing how bad a lot of home-made foods can be.) It really is a choice you need to make for yourself. And maybe it'll even save you money in the long run.
  • Pebbles536
    Pebbles536 Posts: 199
    Options
    Major rock star! Keep up the good choices!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :)
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Yea You! :D That's awesome.
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That is life changing! Awesome ( :
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Great job :D

It's so funny to me now when I'm standing in the aisles comparing nutritional stats and see people rolling their eyes at me as they reach for their chips/cookies/thing laden with cream... and I just remember: "that's why my body's changing for the better" :D
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    geekymom...I didn't know we worked together!
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Way to go. You should be proud of yourself. You are adapting to a totally new life style. Good luck.
  • arctiknitter
    arctiknitter Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I did a similar thing with dinner tonight. I had my two tacos (with sour cream and cheese) and wanted another. So I figured out the calories and decided I could have the taco, or I could lose a little more weight. My tummy was full, so I put everything away. That was a FIRST for me!
  • standwhereistood
    Options
    awesome!! congrats xx
  • Dixietrink82
    Dixietrink82 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It is a huge change and I'm glad to have all the support.
  • klincolnlog
    klincolnlog Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The "it's Thursday so let's celebrate!" cake, the box of cookies at the request of my husband, chips with dip and all kinds of candy. I love candy. Tonight, I went to the store and didn't buy any junk. No last minute "I deserve it cause I'm tired" treats.

^^^ THIS is ME!!!!
    Thanks for being an inspiration :smile:
  • geekymom57
    geekymom57 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    geekymom...I didn't know we worked together!
    Awkward, isn't it? Bad cooks/bakers or bad recipes or poor ingredients--or a combination. But once you know what to expect from someone it's a lot easier know to take just a tiny corner of something, if need be.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!