My confusing results! Your input requested! (underwear pics.

Options
kekl
kekl Posts: 382 Member
Ok first and foremost, sorry for the underwear but this is the only way you can really see the difference....

I took some before and after pictures and I am pretty confused by the results.

Here is a picture of me before and after 3 months of crossfit, rotc pt, and lots of cardio + weights on my own. I weigh the same in each picture (might even be an lb or two lighter in the more recent one, I'm not sure exactly what I weighed in december)

tumblr_m0qxnjWrLY1r9v0dxo1_400.jpg

I realize there's some discrepencies in the pictures - i couldn't get the exact same angle, lighting, etc but I tried my best but it's still quite obvious to me that I'm smaller in some places and bigger than others (ie my butt grew lol).

Anyone have any input? Is this normal, strange, good, bad? Is this muscle growth/fat redistribution/second puberty/something else or am I just deluding myself or going crazy? :laugh:

Thanks in advance for any responses! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Loseweight1980
    Options
    You look great!! The muscle in your butt has lifted it, and yes, it gives the appearance of being larger, but it's really just higher. Any areas that look larger look more toned, also. I would consider this a success!
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. I dont find it surprising that your waist thinned, and your butt got tighter and higher. I think youre doing it right girly!
  • Marley112586
    Marley112586 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Your doing great! Much tighter. Keep up the great work!
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I agree. It looks like your butt is "bigger" but that's just it lifting from muscle tone. You really don't look like you had much to lose so your weight is less important than your measurements. I'd start measuring yourself.
  • kekl
    Options
    Thanks for the quick responses! :smile: Will definately start measuring more often, I only measure my waist and hips and they have been pretty consistent throughout all of this.
  • binky78
    binky78 Posts: 60
    Options
    You look great and I can tell a difference. Keep it up!
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Agree about the butt just being more lifted, and you really do look great :)
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    It's not weird for people on aggressive exercise programs to hold steady weight but have big differences in the way they look. I've been steady weight for the most part after switching to 6 days a week but look a lot better. Just keep what you're doing, your body will continue to adjust and the weight will fall off when its needed. You look great, keep it up.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Girl, you look good. Your butt has lifted, your tummy is flatter and I hate to say it but your girls have more perkiness to them. At least they didn't shrink. Mine are gone. :sad:

With that said, you look great. Be proud of yourself. Hold your head up high. Keep up the good work.
  • dmchiz
    dmchiz Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Absolutely dont go by weight, go by how your clothes fit and inches. I agree with everyone else -butt is higher and tighter. Even your arm looks more toned -keep up the good work!
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It's not that your butt got bigger...just the muscles lifted it. You look more in shape in the after pictures. Good job!
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    ok so...taking a breath....you do not look bigger in the new photo at all your butt looks scrunched like its in a nice little pocket of sorts your tunny it flat your arms have muscle and so do your legs...you weigh the same pretty much due to the fact muscle is more dense that fat. Good job. Pat yourself on the back
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    i forgot your peppins lifted as well
  • adriayellow11
    Options
    I admit I had to study this for a second before deciding what I thought but here it is. I think your lordotic curve was redistributed. At first I thought it was lessened but in the before photo your thoracic spine shows more of a curve and in the after photo your lumbar spine is more curved and your hips are slightly anterior making your butt appear farther out behind you (but I bet if you measure it is not bigger). Message me if I am not easily understood :)
  • jobelle217
    jobelle217 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Agree with all of the above. Also, note that if you are wearing the same size underwear in both pictures, they now fit better.....I think your butt actually looks the same size, maybe just a bit smaller....and defiantly lifted
  • adriayellow11
    Options
    I want to add that your sternum appears more elevated now too which is awesome posturally :) Is that a word, haha?
  • xonikitashafferxo
    xonikitashafferxo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You look great, it looks like you have a more toned body now
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    To me, your bum-bum actually looks smaller in the second photo and your belly flatter. It's working!
  • armywifeandmom
    armywifeandmom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree with a previous poster..your tummy is flatter and your bum is tighter..you look great! Keep up the great work!
  • kekl
    Options
    I want to add that your sternum appears more elevated now too which is awesome posturally :) Is that a word, haha?

Haha now it is! I actually understood your last post too, I feel quite proud of myself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!