My first 5k

Options
I finally ran my first 5k. I started a modified couch to 5k 4 weeks ago and never thought it would be so easy to run! Being a 280 pound high school girl who couldn't run a lap around the track, to losing 100 pounds almost 20 years ago, to having 3 kids and having my weight fluctuate up and down. I have managed to take off another 25 and I am now working on the last 25! Can't even tell you how great it feels to put on a pair of runners and head out the door and finally be able to run :smile:

Replies

• Want2BRunner
    Want2BRunner Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I wanted to run the Cork Town race here in Detroit but just started the Couch to 5K so didn't want to push myself. So glad to hear of another success story. AWESOME!!
  • xgg2rs
    xgg2rs Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Awsome, great job. Sounds like you got the running bug, so when do you start training for the 10k? :P
  • rodmanswife
    Options
    Oh do I ever have the running bug :smile: I never knew what people were talking about when they would refer to the "zone" while running. Well, now I know! I will be going to for 6k tomorrow evening. My goal is 8k by May for a Mother's Day run. Who knows, maybe I will be up to 10k by May. The friend I go running with is amazing! She encourages me every step of the way!
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    That is so cool! A great inspiration. That is my goal, a 3k.
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I wanted to run the Cork Town race here in Detroit but just started the Couch to 5K so didn't want to push myself. So glad to hear of another success story. AWESOME!!

Didn't run it, but I did jump in the race once it got down to those who were pacing themselves. Managed to survive it and I'm pretty proud of myself! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!