Color Run

Options
Has anyone here done the color run or is interested in doing it? I'm hoping to make it the first 5k I complete! It is coming to NY in the summer and I'm definitely signing up!

I'm just curious if anyone has done it and what their experience was like.

Also, I'd like to know if anyone wants to do it. Maybe we could all support one another during training! :)

Thank you!

Replies

• Krystal821
    Krystal821 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it yet but I already signed up for the Kansas City one! Have you gotten your ticket yet?
  • curiousheathy
    Options
    Not yet :(

Registration isn't even open yet. I'm on the e-mail list to get information on NY. I hope I get some info soon!!! I already have a team put together! (Myself, my fiance, my best friend, and her boyfriend)

Can't wait!

I hope you kick butt in yours!
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    A bit of advice, register as soon as you can. The Color Run here in Atlanta is not until the end of this month and registration was full when I tried to join mid February!
  • curiousheathy
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! That's the plan! As soon as I found out there was an email list to get the heads up about when registration opened, I joined! I am going to sign up as soon as registration opens! I'll even wake up in the middle of the night if it gives me more of a chance to register hahaha!
  • Krystal821
    Options
    Registration for the KC one opened on a Monday and was sold out by Friday so I HIGHLY suggest you sign up asap when it becomes available.

It looks like so much fun I am taking my 4.5 year old. Of course we won't be running the entire thing, probably play fun chasing games until the end but I figure this could be a fun way to introduce her to running and hopefully she will love it (unlike me lol)
  • curiousheathy
    Options
    I think it will be such a great experience for the two of you!!! :)

Yeah, I'm hoping I make it in! I teach all day, so I may have my fiance register us at work so I don't have to worry about it (if registration opens during the week that is)

So glad to see others are doing this! :)
  • Krystal821
    Options
    What's also nice is the first day or two registration is $5 less :) It was like that here anyways. Since ours had sold out so fast, they ended up giving us a second day for The Color Run so those who were once unlucky got a second chance to sign up!

The youtube videos keep me excited! My daughter is excited too!
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I just looked this up on line and they don't have it open for seattle yet, but it looks so fun. I showed my girls and they are excited. I'm going to watch and see when registration opens.
  • curiousheathy
    Options
    Oh I hope it is that inexpensive the first day! That would be fab!!!

I am just so very very excited!
  • curiousheathy
    Options
    bump :) curious to see if anyone else is interested.
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I just found out about this online and am so excited I'm planning to truly start the couch to 5k program. This looks like so much fun! They're coming to DC in September! I'm hoping to convince a few friends to join in on the fun!