Week 1 over...I lost...

Options
qballjr13
qballjr13 Posts: 174 Member
3 pounds!!! I was very happy to see this! I am the typical guy that always looks for instant results. It’s going to take some determination and probably some harassment from my MFP friends, but I am so excited to see what happens in week 2.

Replies

• o4joyed
    o4joyed Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Keep up the good work!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Great job!

Just remember the first couple weeks are usually excellent numbers since your body is in shock. Usually by the 3rd or 4th week, things start to slow down. Don't get discouraged when that happens. Just keep going.

(I'm not trying to be a downer, but I see this happen to A LOT of people - great losses the first and second week and when it isn't so great in the 3rd week? They want to throw in the towel).
  • qballjr13
    Options
    Thank you! I know that no one here wants to be a downer, but thank you for the info/heads up. Just like in weight lifting, you get an initial burst of muscle and then you level out. I am going to be strong! :)

Now if I could figure out how to get my ticker to show my 3 pound loss????
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    You usually lose a lot the first few days due to eating less salt -- you don't retain as much water. The real weight loss is slower, but it's in there, too. If you have the smart phone app, with the neat little progress graph, you'll see the L shape from the rapid initial drop and the slower continued drop. Going down is all good, and frankly, losing it slowly but steadily means you're doing it in a way you can sustain lifelong, so the weight won't come back later.
  • qballjr13
    Options
    I think I may already be in the slow burn category. I have been playing racquetball and working out for almost 2 years now. I think I am past the "initial quick burn". I just want to see steady results and learn a better way of eating. Prior to joining I felt like I was always eating until I was so full that I felt sick. I got really tired of feeling like that and now I am here. Thanks for all the support!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!